Is it possible to create a professional sales site with XenForo?

mljother

I was wondering, because I am seriously considering XenForo, and adapting it to a CMS kind of site. Thing is, I am planning on offering services through the site, so I was wondering if it would be possible to set up XenForo in that way, a kind of "commerce" system?

I do not think so, but just wondering. I just hate having different software (like ZenCart) that don't match in looks.

EDIT: Kind of like how the XenForo site has seemless integration with their purchasing page and the cart and everything. I don't need something extremely extravagant, something like that would certainly work. :)

There you go Liz, I am getting the very same warning when I hit the XF homepage as of today.
Thanks, Anthony

Really odd as there are no files to download, LOL. Unless you are swiping my graphics which I don't think you would be. Too easy to just download the theme and grab them that way if someone really wanted them badly enough.

I hope I didn't come across critiquing your website or putting it down, I was not aiming for that. The fact that you're using three different softwares and managed them to look similar is a great feat in itself, that is exactly what I am trying to avoid. I'd rather just use XenForo as a stop-all solution, and I am not afraid to get a little dirty doing so, I just want to make sure it's possible before splurging. :)

Thanks again for all the replies, you guys are great. :D
The problem you will have is that while you can get the main page to match using the pages function, you still have the shop issue.

Code:
.app_content_140511002640400 a.uiLinkSubtle { display: none; }
.app_content_140511002640400 a.UIImageBlock_ICON_Image { display: none; }

#bootloader_7U5M_ { height: 42px; }
Liz, when you click to allow the download you get a code box titled XD proxy with this inside.

Code:
.app_content_140511002640400 a.uiLinkSubtle { display: none; }
.app_content_140511002640400 a.UIImageBlock_ICON_Image { display: none; }

#bootloader_7U5M_ { height: 42px; }
Liz, when you click to allow the download you get a code box titled XD proxy with this inside.
Anthony, thanks for the heads up...turns out I have been hacked. Working on it now. Liz

You can create a professional site, even without mods just with the template system. I'm sure a few sites will come out of the dark when xF becomes stable. My site for one, but i'm just not ready to show people what I have just yet. Needs more template tweaking to break it out of the box.

There are several top-notch mods that will also help you achieve this.

Top Bottom