1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to create "walled gardens" within a single Xenforo board?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Amin Sabet, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Well-Known Member

I've got one relatively new Xenforo board and 5 older vBulletin 4 boards. The experience with Xenforo has me thinking that I'd really like to get those vBulletin boards over to Xenforo.

Ideally, I'd like to merge those vBulletin boards into one Xenforo board, but I'd need to set up "walled gardens" in some respects. For example, one of my sites is for Sony camera users and another is for Fuji camera users. I would need to be able to offer the option to see new posts from the Sony subforums to some users and the option to see new posts from Fuji subforums to some other users. Is that possible?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It could be done quite easily with user groups and node permissions.

3. Amin Sabet

Could it be made a user-changeable setting? Like if a user only wanted to see Sony subforums in their new posts and then later wanted to see everything, would I have to manually switch their usergroup or is this something they could change in settings?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That would be possible with custom user fields and user group promotions.

Amin Sabet likes this.
  5. Amin Sabet