1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to batch revert outdated templates?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by brendanc, Jun 1, 2011.

1. brendanc

brendanc Active Member

I have a style with many outdated templates. I want to know if there is a quicker way to revert templates than clicking on Outdated Templates, then the template, then revert, then revert again, and repeat the process? It's 4 clicks + load time for each template I have to revert...

I'm comfortable with SQL queries so if there's a way to do it through that, I'm open to that as well. I just don't know the process XF goes through to revert a template to the Master version, so I don't know where to start.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I don't think you can easily do that through a query (well, you'd have to trigger a big rebuild later at least), so I can only recommend the process via the interface.

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I am wary of directly pruning templates with queries. I would just open each revert option in a new tab in your browser. Then you can submit them all at once rather than having to reload the list of outdated templates each time.

edit - ninja!