Is it legal...

CJ6

If I make a forum of various software companies (like microsoft, apple, oracle, adobe, etc) for users to discuss their applications or problems... If a company doesn't like the discussions or the fact that I have these forums, can they do anything legally?

The forums that I'm building will do something similar (but not those companies). So, I'm starting to wonder if I should rethink it.

If I make a forum of various software companies (like microsoft, apple, oracle, adobe, etc) for users to discuss their applications or problems... If a company doesn't like the discussions or the fact that I have these forums, can they do anything legally?

The forums that I'm building will do something similar (but not those companies). So, I'm starting to wonder if I should rethink it.
I dont think any company will take objection for discussing application and problem.

There are thousands of videos are made on each software on how to use and what problems are there.

There are forum like xda which discuss about problem in softwares, hardware etc.

Making a forum for discussion about perticular softwares of one company might not benifit you, as many software developer companies have there own forum.

Max of the user say 99% wont complaint about the problem related to software (they had made mind set, some mistake had made by company and unless it is not disturbing my day to day work, it is ok)
So those people do search without replying, without registering and tries to stay unwatched.

Remaining 1 % are the beta tester team or the gurus of software who wish to take it to next level, those mostly associated with that brand and discuss on their forum.

Conclusion - you can make, no brand will complaint about it as its a free service you were going to give them for there improvement (this happens when your forum updates with issues and solution at faster rate than that of the brand - this is highly impossible and you will end up in copy pasting from brands support forum)

Reactions: CJ6
Thanks. I hope it doesn't cause a problem. I doubt there is a chance, but who know. If they do complain, then I'll just have to talk to a lawyer or remove their forum.
Thanks for your great response.

The only possible issue is if you include the company’s name/logo in your forum logo/name.

Other than that should be fine.

Reactions: CJ6
Top Bottom