• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is IE7 Supported?

DBA

I'm been able to recreate this on a regular basis on my own forum, but not here at XF. What's a good way to try and figure out what's actually causing the error?

error.png

DBA

It's likely related to your style, if it doesn't happen here. Add-ons are always a potential culprit too.
Yeah looks like you're right. I went and created a new default style and it seems to work fine.

Just to clarify, css/stylesheets couldn't cause this right (only happens when replying to a post/PM)? If so I'll just start reverting templates until I find it. :mad:

DBA

I did notice something else though. When I get this error the chat is borked, for example it doesn't automatically resize, instead you get the scroll bars.

error2.png

Plus the formatting looks off.

DBA

Is there another error on the page? (A JS error somewhere?)
Something like this?

Code:
SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'context'
editor_template.js?_v=6ec63d96, line 283 character 5
Code:
$('<a />')
                    .attr('class', 'mceButton mceButtonEnabled bbCodeEditorButton')
                    .append(
                        $('<span />')
                            .attr({
                                title: ed.settings.xenforo_bbcode_switch_text[0],
                                'class': 'mceIcon'
                            })
                            .click($.context(t, 'wysiwygToBbCode'))
                    )
                    .prependTo('#' + ed.id + '_tbl td.mceToolbar');

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
That sounds like jQuery isn't being loaded properly, but if that were happening, there'd be a load of additional errors. If it doesn't happen on the default style, then there's definitely some sort of customization that's triggering it...