is downgrade available?

kvv515kvv

Hi!
1. Will this plugin work with 1.5.1?
2. Will this plugin work with 1.5.1?
3. I bought a license and going to download 1.5.1. in case if something will not work can i download 1.4?
thanks.
Vladimir.

For #1 & #2, best asked in the discussion thread for those add-ons themselves. You do have to be registered and your license associated with your account to post in those discussion topics for the add-ons.
For #3, you can download any of the available versions up to the point that your license is valid for.

You can't go back to a previous version without having a backup that was taken prior to updating to XenForo 1.5 or doing a clean install, but the latter will mean you will lose everything.

You can't go back to a previous version without having a backup that was taken prior to updating to XenForo 1.5 or doing a clean install, but the latter will mean you will lose everything.
does it mean, that after downloading 1.5.1 i will not be able to remove 1.5.1 from my site and download 1.4?

It would be advisable if you are worried about having to go backwards to start out on an older version - configure everything like you like, then backup your file structure and do a DB dump. Then you can upgrade to try the newer version - if it doesn't work, you just restore the old files and DB. Of course, any data input (posts) during the new version time will be lost when you regress backwards. Native regression from the newest to older versions are not supported.

does it mean, that after downloading 1.5.1 i will not be able to remove 1.5.1 from my site and download 1.4?

Would that be a brand new forum with no content at all? If so then yes, you can do that if you do not mind to restart from scratch again.

If we are talking about a current forum with content instead, then the only way to downgrade would be to first convert to another x forum and then convert back to xenforo 1.4. But if you decide to go that route, then you should note that you might loose some settings in the process, such as attachments, passwords etc.

It would be advisable if you are worried about having to go backwards to start out on an older version - configure everything like you like, then backup your file structure and do a DB dump. Then you can upgrade to try the newer version - if it doesn't work, you just restore the old files and DB.
You can, but you will lose everything and have to start over.
Would that be a brand new forum with no content at all? If so then yes, you can do that if you do not mind to restart from scratch again.

ooo, i see. sorry i was not clear. This will be a brand new forum with no content at all.
so, there is nothing to loose :)

Top Bottom