Is Digital Ocean Host Good for Xenforo, Or What Host Can Is Best

Yes, it is perfectly fine. But of course like any host, having a "blank" host won't be enough for you to host XF on it.
It must meet this criteria:

1631648895863.webp

So, you have to configure your server.

If your skill level is such that you have to ask about very basic hosting, then not having a web based control panel is going to make things much more difficult for you. Vultr, Digital Ocean, Linode and similar "cloud" based VPS hosts are probably not the best approach for someone new at this.

I strongly suggest you research into hosting that has CPanel or a similar web based front end. Knownhost is one of those mentioned, but there are many who support this.

Hello

Please Suggest Host One Can Use For Forum Base Website, Running on xenforo script....

Thanks
I've been using digitalocean for a long time. It will be your best friend with its many features such as you can change the ip address at any time, take a backup with one click, and so on. If you need help installing xenforo you can contact me. I can set your ddos-guard, latest version mariadb, fastcgi cache, nginx offical mainline version, redis ratelimit and redis cache. I can do your full server setup.

In short, I can completely deliver your xenforo friendly nginx server to you.

I've been using digitalocean for a long time.
One main problem in using DO, especially if you run a mail server is that their IP blocks are blocked on many major providers service (like Hotmail) since they have such a large issue with spammers using their service. For simple web sites it's fine. For actual mail deliver it is sorely impacted.

I've been using digitalocean for a long time. It will be your best friend with its many features such as you can change the ip address at any time, take a backup with one click, and so on. If you need help installing xenforo you can contact me. I can set your ddos-guard, latest version mariadb, fastcgi cache, nginx offical mainline version, redis ratelimit and redis cache. I can do your full server setup.

In short, I can completely deliver your xenforo friendly nginx server to you.
Is ok, Thanks so much, i will contact you if need be, Thanks for the info once more

Known Host seems great:

Been with them for a couple of years now, and switched to annual billing because I'm ready to stay long term. Their support responses are lightning fast.
I'm also with them and they have provided a great service. My only issue with them is it will cost you an additional $10 per month on top of what they advertise for a VPS because they "have to add cPanel" (even though it's listed as 'optional') however, the fact that they don't add this to the core price on their page is shady. Just be sure to inquire about the proper price before because they falsely advertise it.

I'm also with them and they have provided a great service. My only issue with them is it will cost you an additional $10 per month on top of what they advertise for a VPS because they "have to add cPanel" (even though it's listed as 'optional') however, the fact that they don't add this to the core price on their page is shady. Just be sure to inquire about the proper price before because they falsely advertise it.
Why would cPanel be required for a VPS?

One main problem in using DO, especially if you run a mail server is that their IP blocks are blocked on many major providers service (like Hotmail) since they have such a large issue with spammers using their service. For simple web sites it's fine. For actual mail deliver it is sorely impacted.
Definitely--I've not had any problems with DO hosting (I run three separate servers for XF--web, database, ElasticSearch), but I still have members who can't receive email since their email providers filter out DO mail as spam before it even reaches their own inbox.

And Google Apps charges too much to use them as a mail transport for XF.

I, too, would highly recommend Knownhost. Been with them for like 10 years now, and never had an issue with the service, or especially the customer support.

I asked and they just said it's required, so I had to pay the extra $10 a month. Not that it's so bad but it's false advertising and felt underhanded.

This isn't true. Even if a control panel is required, which is only the case if you buy a Managed VPS, they offer Direct Admin free of charge. So, yes, a control panel is required. However, cPanel is not.

I, too, would highly recommend Knownhost. Been with them for like 10 years now, and never had an issue with the service, or especially the customer support.

This isn't true. Even if a control panel is required, which is only the case if you buy a Managed VPS, they offer Direct Admin free of charge. So, yes, a control panel is required. However, cPanel is not.
Okay, I'm just relaying what I was told. I specifically asked not to have it and the lady who helped me with my upgrade said it was required. Here is the exchange when I asked:

You can't have WHM without cPanel. With the legacy MVPS-x plans, there was a flat fee for cPanel but with their latest price increase at the end of 2020, we had to move to a tiered cost based on the number of cPanel accounts. The increase for you is just $4.00 per month (you were paying $6.00 per month and with the Standard plan, it would be $10.00 per month).

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns or if you want to move forward with that upgrade. I'll be happy to process that for you.

Top Bottom