Is Digital Ocean Host Good for Xenforo, Or What Host Can Is Best

Dragonfruit

I'm also with them and they have provided a great service. My only issue with them is it will cost you an additional $10 per month on top of what they advertise for a VPS because they "have to add cPanel" (even though it's listed as 'optional') however, the fact that they don't add this to the core price on their page is shady. Just be sure to inquire about the proper price before because they falsely advertise it.

I'm with them using Direct Admin and it works perfectly fine. So cPanel isn't required. Their pricing model changed when cPanel increased their prices. Without raising the cost overall, they migrated clients to Direct Admin who were okay with the change and keeping the price the same, while making cPanel an option for customers to 'upgrade' from.

Doesn't seem shady to me.

TheGroove

I'm with them using Direct Admin and it works perfectly fine. So cPanel isn't required. Their pricing model changed when cPanel increased their prices. Without raising the cost overall, they migrated clients to Direct Admin who were okay with the change and keeping the price the same, while making cPanel an option for customers to 'upgrade' from.

Doesn't seem shady to me.
To be fair, they've updated their page on this and are now stating optional WHM/cPanel so as of now it appears more legitimate. At the time it definitely was not, you had no idea of the extra charge until you asked.

Hotfix

I have namecheap 3. Email servis :)
Namecheap is garbage if you think about monetizing the site with display ads. They don't work well with a popular display ad service Ezoic, unless you purchase a virtual private server. A VPS from Namecheap costs about 60 dollars a month and CPanel is about 15 dollars a month. So that's like 75 - 80 dollars a month to have a website that can support Ezoic.

jeetkune

Namecheap is garbage if you think about monetizing the site with display ads. They don't work well with a popular display ad service Ezoic, unless you purchase a virtual private server. A VPS from Namecheap costs about 60 dollars a month and CPanel is about 15 dollars a month. So that's like 75 - 80 dollars a month to have a website that can support Ezoic.
I am using vps from digitalocean. I only use e-mail service from Namecheap.