1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 is "Allow Links" a standard forum permission?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Mayhem30, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Mayhem30

Mayhem30 New Member

Is this "Allow Links" a standard forum permission - or something an addon put in there?

If it's not a standard forum permission, any ideas how I can remove it?

I have already uninstalled the addon and removed the file off the server .. and still see this permission.

Attached Files:

2. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

You've cropped the permissions category out of your image. That would probably give you/us a clue as to what was causing or had added that permission.

The only 'allow links' I have is the default XF signature permissions
  3. Mayhem30

Mayhem30 New Member

Sorry, I just noticed that.

I'm just setting up the forum (for the first time) and didn't even see the permission section names.

Perhaps they should be a in a different color, as for me they are completely washed out with all the other black text on the page.
  4. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

Strange. Normally the ACP is the default ACP style. Those don't look like XF permissions.
  5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Yes they do. They look like the signature permissions (they are in the same order).
  6. Steve Freides

Steve Freides Active Member

Resurrecting this thread.

I looked in my group Registered - I see two permissions with the word "link" and both are related to sigs - is there a way to regulate links in forum posts, not just sig files?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016