Browser issue  iPhone 4: Editor toolbar missing (quick reply and full editor)

CTXMedia

It's only happened in the last week or so, but I noticed today that I don't have the editor toolbar on my iPhone 4 any more:

IMG_0141.webp
IMG_0142.webp
I haven't tried rebooting my iPhone, but I wondered if there had been any template / site updates recently that might have caused this?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I updated to iOS 4.2 last night and rebooted as part of the process. No change on xF, still no editor toolbar.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

It doesn't look to me as if the WYSIWYG editor toolbar is missing, from those screenshots it appears that the BB Code editor is enabled by default with no option to select the WYSIWYG editor.

The iPhone has never supported the WYSIWYG editor.
Yeah it's something internal in the iPhone itself I believe ( I may be wrong ) as I just was playing with a browser that lets me render pages as different browsers, though everything else looks different slightly the WYSIWYG editor still does not open the OSK. Is this a TinyMCE thing? ,or just the way the iPhone handles it? Kind of interested to know if there is a obvious reason why because it is not very blatant to me.

Well I can make it display which if you look at Geeks image it doesn't display the editor...i can interact with mine and such...as this image shows.... which to me is very odd.
photo.webp

Yes I am ... and rendering pages right now as if I was on a mac computer.

some more interesting behavior ...
photo(2).webp
I will now try to post from the phone ...using this and embed a test img

battery.png

The above post was done from the iphone....

here's some shots...

photo(3).webp photo(5).webp photo(4).webp

and as you see from the previous post it was successful... lol that's cool :-) But I still have no clue why that behavior presents.

...except you can't actually type into the box can you? :) The issue is that mobile WebKit doesn't trigger the keyboard in a contenteditable area.

...except you can't actually type into the box can you? :) The issue is that mobile WebKit doesn't trigger the keyboard in a contenteditable area.
Yep that's the one thing I couldn't do but who needs a text editor to do that anyways :p

So my next question is , will this be something that can worked around somehow or is this not possible at without a completely different web-browser or a XFmobile app for opening xF based sites?

The limitation is basically entirely on the phone. I don't even know if an app could reasonably workaround it.

Top Bottom