IPB to Xenforo

Malibu

We want to change our community software and database to Xenforo. We are using latest IPs. Can we convert database without any problems?

If you live in the EU, welcome to your extra TAX that is required to pay.

Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 3.00.59 PM.webp
Notice the little line below the button.
Now, if you don't live in the EU and you are getting charged VAT, then you need to start a convo with staff or use the Contact Us link.

They're a US based company therefore they do not need to charge EU customers VAT.

We're a UK based company therefore legally we have to.

Actually, they've made changes in the last year or so, I'm wondering whether US companies are supposed to charge VAT now but I'm not sure on that.

They're a US based company therefore they do not need to charge EU customers VAT.

Actually, they've made changes in the last year or so, I'm wondering whether US companies are supposed to charge VAT now but I'm not sure on that.

okay, thanks. Guess i'll think about it

Only paypal option..? I want to pay via credit card

I remember reading some hullaboo about that... but I don't know how they are going to be real successful about it. I can see if the company has a presence in both the EU and the US - but US standalone company I don't really see how they can force that since that company is then being forced to provide a service for a country that they have no representation in?
But it wouldn't surprise me.. tax law is weird and just an attempt by governments to dig money outta folks pockets. The more avenues they can open, they happier they are! :p

fQ29ud2.png

paypal only option, but it sais You do not need a Paypal account.

They are supposed to charge and account for VAT for digital downloads that are sold via an automated payment/delivery system.

Some US companies abide by this.

Get off of IPB! You won't regret it. I was with Invision since 2000 (ikonboard, ipb, etc). My db was 2+GB in size, over 1 million posts, huge board... I was able to perform the conversion in a few hours. I also migrated my entire gallery as well. I couldn't be happier with Xenforo. This community is great, the developers are extremely helpful, and the software is fantastic. My members love Xenforo. Engagement has been trending up. With IPB it was decreasing.

Top Bottom