IPB customer

Luiss

Hello, all.
I've been a IPB customer since 2006 and now i think is time to move on.
I've been testing xenoforo and so far it is good! Still there are some wondering in my head like:
How to manage my attachments? I cand find a place where i can manage them. Also, would be nice if i can attach files the IPB way, so then in some other post i wont need to re-attach the same file again.
So far it is the only question i have. I wil let you know if i got more.

Thank you

Hello,

There is an Attachment Browser on the back end, but this is in the Admin CP therefore only visible to Administrators.

There isn't any front end attachment manager at the moment, nor is there any ability to re-use attachments. That being said, the system has been developed with these concepts in mind, so it may be something we implement in the future. For now, I believe there is at least one add-on available in the Resource Manager that provides that functionality.

Hello,

There is an Attachment Browser on the back end, but this is in the Admin CP therefore only visible to Administrators.

There isn't any front end attachment manager at the moment, nor is there any ability to re-use attachments. That being said, the system has been developed with these concepts in mind, so it may be something we implement in the future. For now, I believe there is at least one add-on available in the Resource Manager that provides that functionality.
I appreciate your answer.
I believe there is at least one add-on available in the Resource Manager that provides that functionality.
I couldnt find it but thanks.

Regards

That is true @Tracy Perry and also could mean that the addon is no longer been maintained.
If that is the case, you will see plenty of comments in the associated discussion area. I've got an add-on that hasn't been updated since 1.2 days - and it's working fine and the author is still around. It's one of the benefits of the RM here - each one has an associated discussion area and you will find that if they aren't being maintained and are reported - they then will have prefix attached denoting that.

@Daniel Hood is a known and respected developer and one of those add-ons listed is his - the XenMods Attachments. It's in BETA but I don't know (since I don't use the add-on and don't keep up with it) what its status is... but I'm sure Daniel will chime in.

Top Bottom