IPB 3.2 - Early Beta Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably will in time. I'm sure it won't happen til these stupid lawsuits are over.

Which brings me to the question......

Why is XenForo being compared to IPB - or vB - or any other software for that matter? That's like comparing a toddler to an adult.
XenForo is XenForo. It is sleek, innovative and young. It has not been around for years like these other software.
When it has had time to mature and grow, it's going to knock the competition out of the water.
But it is still young and, IMO, any comparison is completely unfair.

They probably will in time. I'm sure it won't happen til these stupid lawsuits are over.

Which brings me to the question......

Why is XenForo being compared to IPB - or vB - or any other software for that matter? That's like comparing a toddler to an adult.
XenForo is XenForo. It is sleek, innovative and young. It has not been around for years like these other software.
When it has had time to mature and grow, it's going to knock the competition out of the water.
But it is still young and, IMO, any comparison is completely unfair.

I agree Peggy, compare it to IPB 1.0.0 .. then there might be some real basis of comparison.

Everyone at the IPB test board is shouting "XenForo" so I came to see what the "hubub" was about. I like the looks of XenForo. The thing I dislike about IPB is the management. Charles banned me (an active customer) from the board because I was a little happy over the news Bin Laden was dead :p Not to mention, they erase any topic that is even remotely off topic or that is even a little opinionated against the software they provide.

Good to see this forum is doing well. It's definitely an interest of mine as of now.

Everyone at the IPB test board is shouting "XenForo" so I came to see what the "hubub" was about. I like the looks of XenForo. The thing I dislike about IPB is the management. Charles banned me (an active customer) from the board because I was a little happy over the news Bin Laden was dead :p Not to mention, they erase any topic that is even remotely off topic or that is even a little opinionated against the software they provide.

Good to see this forum is doing well. It's definitely an interest of mine as of now.

Underwear brand?

Welcome to XenForo! Yeah, the management can be a bit iffy at times. I'm just seeing XenForo when I visit the 3.2 internal forums.

Yep, same here. That's pretty funny they started copying XenForo. Everything from the quick navigation to the board index screams XenForo. You would think with as much experience they have, they would create something a little more unique.

Yep, same here. That's pretty funny they started copying XenForo. Everything from the quick navigation to the board index screams XenForo. You would think with as much experience they have, they would create something a little more unique.
When you can't innovate, copy :(

I have to admit. I like the improvements. But as stated earlier I couldn't imagine using another product other than xenforo.

Reactions: Kim
i will move to ipb when beta release
I began to feel failure of the XENFORO!!
Now I know that the failure of VB is the result of a failed policy, and will be repeated here

Good luck

Abdo, with respect, the first thing you see isn't always the best thing. I know this from first hand experience. XenForo is nothing like vBulletin. It is disingenuous of you to even accuse XenForo of the same policy failure given the circumstances.

i will move to ipb when beta release
I began to feel failure of the XENFORO!!
Now I know that the failure of VB is the result of a failed policy, and will be repeated here

Good luck

Got a crystal ball? How would you possibly know that any policy that failed on vB or anywhere, would be repeated here?
The only reason that vB is failing is because of the ownership and management there.
XenForo has completely different ownership and management, so you are comparing devils to angels, so to speak.

Welcome to XenForo. We're glad to have you.

However, please do not choose XenForo just because you're displeased with the management at IPB.
Rather, take a stroll through the free demo (link on homepage), then choose XenForo because you see that it is innovative, fresh, different, and the forum of the future. ;)

I agree Peggy, compare it to IPB 1.0.0 .. then there might be some real basis of comparison.

Xenforo is a forum software and users will compare it to the latest versions of other forum software. Why would they compare it to IPB 1.0? They are not going to use IPB 1.0.0 if they buy it. They are going to use 3.2. I'm not talking about xenforo fans here. I'm talking about real potential customers and they don't care whether IPB 1.0 was worse then xenforo 1.0 or whatever. Why should they? It is totally irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom