IPB 3.2 - Early Beta Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an opinion :) Life goes on at IPB and vB as shown in this thread, I can't be the only non licence holder interested in buying XenForo who is keen to see the next update here - and the announcement forum has not been updated in over a month.

I agree with you, but there are already a very "busy" thread for discuss about this in Pre-sale.

The memberlist on IPB is an area I prefer over xenforo (apart from the icons) but that is cosmetic and can easily be rectified with custom imagery. Their alphabetical vertical arrangement is something I like, utilises space efficiently and just fits in nicely.

IMHO is ordinated but poor, nothing original. A true revolution for Xenforo is to create for members area something like Princeton suggestion (argh! attach deteled)

Uhm, the tag feature is horrible...I hope that Xenforo can in the future implement see in a better way (static url, not into "search").

It's an opinion :) Life goes on at IPB and vB as shown in this thread, I can't be the only non licence holder interested in buying XenForo who is keen to see the next update here - and the announcement forum has not been updated in over a month.
;) vB has a huge team to deal with their frivolous lawsuit though ;).

1.0.2 could be released. There are a few bug fixes, but not much.

I took a look at 3.2 and although I really like it and can see they have made some vast improvements, I will be sticking with xenforo. I am excited to see them make these changes as it can only push Kier and Mike further to do better, which is a win for us. :)

The one thing I am fond of over there is the skin... someone will have to create something similar for xenforo. :P

Jamie

That's because there's nothing to announce :)

I'm not sure how whom said it, but they said, "How do you identify a customer who needs good news? Answer: That person is breathing."

You can be sure that every customer you encounter today will benefit from a small piece of good news. You may not be able to solve their problems, but you can give them a little extra fuel for their journey. As such, while you might think there is nothing to annouce. As has been documented by dozens of people, the void has been noticed.

Life goes on at IPB and vB as shown in this thread, I can't be the only non licence holder interested in buying XenForo who is keen to see the next update here - and the announcement forum has not been updated in over a month.
You are not alone. But your thoughts aren't neccesarily shared by developers.

I don't think there is nothing to announce, I'm just stating a fact.

If there was something to announce then an announcement would have been made.

So what you're saying is - you don't know that there isn't an announcement or that there is, and there may, in fact, actually be an announcement, but because it hasn't been announced yet, you don't know? :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, back on topic - I think 3.2 is going to give IPS the boost it needs. I'm now thinking in terms of 3.1 being a halfway house towards what they wanted to do, but couldn't get done in a reasonable timescale (but don't quote me on that!!).

I'm sooooo looking forward to 3.2 and think it will be a big hit with my CycleChat members, who - whilst they've stuck around - would really welcome some clunk removal ... (y)

I've already posted up on the site about some of the main things that are coming, and the feedback so far is good.

Nothing is without it's niggles, and no forum software does absolutely everything, but this is definitely a step in the right direction for IPS. And guess what? They are still listening to their customers and still changing things that they agree need adjustment. Not everything, but they are still very much more receptive than some corporate entities that get talked about here .... lol :censored:

Cheers,
Shaun :D

But we are OT here...i'm not a moderator but i suggest you to use the thead linked for discuss about "xenforo announcements".

I want to see how the thread prefixes are implemented in the new 3.2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom