IPB 3.2 beta on trial

Another thing I notice due to the way xenforo keeps changing the theme format around making it hard for skin and mod developers to release stuff by the time someone releases an update to a plugin there is already a new xenforo update that breaks it. I dont get why there is skin changes going from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2. Some of the plugins i wanted for my forum the developers have abandoned working on them

I have gone from the last beta, to 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 with a skin done by myself, and to be honest I'm completely at a loss as to where you got that from. The theme format is practically the same as the first time anyone saw it, other than bug fixes and hook additions. Both of which are an extremely good thing.

Would also love to know which addons your are refering to, however in retrospect it actually doesnt matter. No matter which forum you go on third party addons will only be supported by the authors if the author wishes to do so. Not a reflection on the software, just a fact of life.

Another thing I notice due to the way xenforo keeps changing the theme format around making it hard for skin and mod developers to release stuff by the time someone releases an update to a plugin there is already a new xenforo update that breaks it. I dont get why there is skin changes going from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2. Some of the plugins i wanted for my forum the developers have abandoned working on them

Hey Toger, that is not my experience with Xenforo at all, in fact the exact opposite is how I would put it, Themes work now that were developed on beta 1 (sure they will be missing some bits) Upgrading is an absolute delight with Xenforo because of this, I have not had one drama over upgrading from the entire product life so far... as opposed to my experience with IPB where it was literally immensely depressing every time even a minor point release was done, as it would break skins/mods etc.

Top Bottom