iPads and XenForo

I agree with most here. The iPad does not allow uploads from its file system, so it would not work anywhere as far as i know.

But, I am impressed at how beautifully Xebforo display and work on an iPad!

Reactions: LPH
Which will fallback to Flash on browsers that don't support HTML5. That's what video player like JW Player is doing these days.

Umm, to emphasize, it's not Flash that prevents it and HTML5 doesn't enable it. It's that Apple makes it totally impossible to upload files through Safari. It has to be done through an app.

Apple makes it totally impossible to upload files through Safari.
I heard through the grapevine that Apple engineers are working on a Safari plugin that will upload files to a temp directory in the cloud where they will be approved (or disapproved) by the ghost of Steve Jobs. Approved files will continue on the upload path and disapproved files will be permanently deleted from your computer.

So the Safari upload problem should be solved soon.

I heard through the grapevine that Apple engineers are working on a Safari plugin that will upload files to a temp directory in the cloud where they will be approved (or disapproved) by the ghost of Steve Jobs. Approved files will continue on the upload path and disapproved files will be permanently deleted from your computer.

So the Safari upload problem should be solved soon.

:whistle:

You understand the difference between the paid and free versions of TapaTalk & Forumrunner? I'm not convinced you're following.
You said Flash works flawlessly on XenForo. Why do you keep arguing about Tapatalk? Are you at all aware of what you post here?

You said Flash works flawlessly on XenForo. Why do you keep arguing about Tapatalk? Are you at all aware of what you post here?
Yes, Flash works flawlessly on XenForo.

You said Flash was junk then pointed out users could upload pictures via Forumrunner and Tapatalk for free.

I pointed out that both apps must be paid for to use the upload button.

Who knows what you're discussing now.

It is, but it's not the fault of any of the forum software vendors.
For sure Mark, the blame lays firmly in the lap of Apple. The policy against Flash is so obtuse it's laughable.

Though noticeably, XenForo is hoping to come up with a solution, whereas vBulletin - well I wouldn't even waste my effort asking. I would at best be told to put it in Jira, or at worst I'd be threatened with an infraction (again).
:D

there are a multitude of workarounds that remedy this situation, i think theres a lot of confusion around what is actually possible with an ipad or an iphone for that matter. the only think that prohibits and restricts file download and file upload on an ipad is SAFARI, nothing else, and i presume apple have this in place because a unified file system yet hasnt been developed for iOS yet. using dropbox's public folder is probably the best way

Top Bottom