Lack of interest IP Search for Moderators

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Onlyme

I'm sure this has been mentioned but cant seem to find it. Could you guys not considered adding a ip search feature & ban options to moderators? There are addons here that will do this but i really dont want to install an addon and rely on someone to keep it updated, personally i think it should be a core feature.

Maybe add permissions to allow them to have restricted admincp access without being admins?

e.g.

like ban user
view user but not edit

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I was fairly certain a suggestion existed for that already but I can't find it.

Renamed your thread and moved it back to Suggestions just in case.

Maybe add permissions to allow them to have restricted admincp access without being admins?
I should add, however, this is already possible.

You can make someone an administrator without changing their overall rights on the front end and you can set an admin to only "Manage users " and "Manage bans".

This will allow them to search for users, edit users, search IPs, and ban users. They wouldn't be able to do anything else in the Admin CP.

It's worth bearing that in mind, at least.

Aside from that it's a valid suggestion.

You can make someone an administrator without changing their overall rights on the front end and you can set an admin to only "Manage users " and "Manage bans".

This will allow them to search for users, edit users, search IPs, and ban users. They wouldn't be able to do anything else in the Admin CP.

I can only see Manage users and moderators that gives them way too much permissions, Edit users usergroups, change all addon permissions for each user, add moderators & even promote themselves to admin in one click.

It's just an option in case you have some senior moderators who you can trust with that responsibility.

They can't change anything to do with Admins; only Super Admins can change other Admins (or add new ones).

It's just an option in case you have some senior moderators who you can trust with that responsibility.

They can't change anything to do with Admins; only Super Admins can change other Admins (or add new ones).

They can add themselves to Secondary User Groups admin and that would add them all the permissions ive set :( Just tested the ban users that would be fine just need the ip :)

That is the problem Chris , we don't want any of the moderators to have access to Admin Area. The limitations maybe working but this is not flexible enough for many different websites. Therefor we also will like to see various improvements on many different Moderator action.

I have no problem with that. I just like to offer alternative solutions that people might be able to use now rusher than having to wait.

I personally do have some moderators I trust enough to have access to the Admin CP and that works well for us and could work well for others hence it's worth mentioning in case people don't realise.

Top Bottom