XF 1.4 IP Search on Banned Users?

TechGuy

I'm trying to search for all content posted by a particular IP address, regardless of whether or not it is soft deleted or the user is banned. It seems that if a user is banned (or perhaps it's if their post was soft deleted?), the content doesn't show when searching by IP. Any tips on how this is being handled?

When searching for users by IP, the ban state isn't checked (and indeed, I was able to find a match here when testing it). That said, I'm a little confused as you're making reference to searching content by IP and the only built in system searches for users that have used IPs. (If you are searching for content, deleted content isn't visible in search results.)

Thanks for the reply, Mike! I'm referring to /admin.php?users/search which says "Enter an IP address to see a list of all users logged as having posted content using that IP." If I enter the IP address used to post content by a banned user, they are not listed in the search results.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what to suggest as to why that's happening. I can't reproduce it and we keep the IP information around when content is deleted (you can still click to view it for example), so it should be checked by the IP searcher in the control panel.

Top Bottom