Intrinsic

Intrinsic 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I think that the font Intrinsic is using can't handle these special characters. If I'm right, it's using the other font, Helvetica, to display unknown characters :/ (also, are you sure that the bold text is using the same font as the navBar do?)
1.webp
Hope that's not the case. I really liked the typography and hope I won't have to change it! :(

Problem found : on narrow width, the last post block on the forum view seems to have anything to handle content overflow.
76d18c9487.png

Hi,
I am having 2 problems at the moment. First one is with the icons:
View attachment 84852 View attachment 84846

And the second one is with the Turkish characters:
View attachment 84847 View attachment 84848 View attachment 84849

However it doesn't appear to be a problem in bold characters:
View attachment 84850

Any idea on how to solve these 2 problems?
Thanks in advance!

Regarding the first issue, Im not entirely sure. It could be because of your server not allowing use of the icons. I would contact your systems administrator or your host as see if they can help with that.

I think that the font Intrinsic is using can't handle these special characters. If I'm right, it's using the other font, Helvetica, to display unknown characters :/ (also, are you sure that the bold text is using the same font as the navBar do?)

Yeh these are the characters it supports: https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Quicksand

Can this be caused by?:
[UI.X] Typography > Font Awesome Include > //maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.1.0/css/font-awesome.min.css

Not likely as I think the fonts not showing up are a different icon font we load just for intrinsic.

Regarding the first issue, Im not entirely sure. It could be because of your server not allowing use of the icons. I would contact your systems administrator or your host as see if they can help with that.
I am using godaddy as hosting and AWS with Attachment Storage and Data Storage but if that is the case, shouldn't it work when I change the anchor in Welcome block and put fa-coffee in Welcome Block FontAwesome Icon?

Yeh these are the characters it supports: https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Quicksand
Is it possible for me to change the font?

I am using godaddy as hosting and AWS with Attachment Storage and Data Storage but if that is the case, shouldn't it work when I change the anchor in Welcome block and put fa-coffee in Welcome Block FontAwesome Icon?
Is it possible for me to change the font?

We load the fonts locally, so it'll be on your server here:

styles/intrinsic/fonts/quicksand/
styles/intrinsic/fonts/pe-icon-7/

It looks like both look a bit funny for you, so thats why I think it might be a permissions thing. Im not super familiar with this, @Mike Edge are you familiar with what one might need to do to make sure a font has the right file permission to be used on a server? I've heard of this happening even though its never happened to me before.

Also, @puropedia are you running Firefox? Mind PMing me a link to the site? If its live.

And yes you can change the font, under the UI.X Typography settings.

Thanks! :)

I did try on both Chrome and Safari on Yosemite but when I tried on FF it looked different:
View attachment 84880

Done! :)
Yes I've seen this before, its definitely server related. Im not positive if its AWS or GoDaddy you need to contact, but they will have the answer Im not sure what to do here. If you find out let me know, as I would love to know. But yeah this is definitely not theme related so you don't have to change the typography if you just give your host(s). Whichever is hosting the font/css I believe.

Yes I've seen this before, its definitely server related. Im not positive if its AWS or GoDaddy you need to contact, but they will have the answer Im not sure what to do here. If you find out let me know, as I would love to know. But yeah this is definitely not theme related so you don't have to change the typography if you just give your host(s). Whichever is hosting the font/css I believe.
Just to be sure before contacting them; if it is a server problem, how come it looks fine on UI.X? Doesn't both UI.X and Intrinsic work same or similar?
Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 22.00.29.webp

Just to be sure before contacting them; if it is a server problem, how come it looks fine on UI.X? Doesn't both UI.X and Intrinsic work same or similar?
View attachment 84883
After ditching [bd] Data Storage, I got back the icons. However, I am still having trouble to change the typography. It doesn't matter which font I use, it is displaying Helvetica (or something similar) even though I've changed the quicksandregular to Roboto or Cabin, etc. Could you tell me what am I doing wrong?
Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 22.31.57.webp

Some bugs I have come up:

1) Forum Style Node 1 doesn't look good:
Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 23.18.50.webp
Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 23.18.59.webp
Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 23.19.09.webp
Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 23.19.18.webp

2) Username problem; when Classic Postbit is unchecked:
Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 23.38.58.webp

3) Username problem; can't see the bottom of letter 'g' when Classic Posbit is checked and if user wrote his/her real name:
Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 23.40.34.webp

4) Can't change Welcome Block Favicon, tried with fa-coffee:
Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 00.33.55.webp

even the example doesn't work:
Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 00.35.51.webp
Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 00.36.08.webp

result in both tries:
Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 00.36.33.webp

Last edited:
Also just released there are some more problems with the mobile version:

There is a problem with the *******'s Modern Statistics. I can only see the first thread:
2.webp

Also when I clicked the settings button I cant' see the rest of thread view option which goes as 15 entries, 20 entries, etc:
3.webp

Welcome Block fitting problems:
4.webp 5.webp

When can I expect a fix for these bugs @Mike Creuzer ?(because I am about to go live)

First of all, make sure you are running 1.4.0.1 here, as some of the screenshots I see look a bit dated. And also, thank you for taking screenshots and helping with bug finding. Ill be as helpful as possible in getting you perfectly squared away!

We do not claim to make every single setting work perfectly with all our themes. I mean it does on our framework, but if we made every single view for every single theme work pixel perfect we'd never have time to create anything! That said, these don't look to be doing anything that a few tweaks to the CSS wouldn't fix. For example, that margin you reference, that is normal behavior. The fact that it doesn't look good I guess is a side affect of the type of theme this is, but that is not a bug.

There is specific site-to-site CSS that works, but we do not include this in themes of ours as it will differ depending on your goals. Such as setting a min-height on those node blocks.

2) Username problem; when Classic Postbit is unchecked:
View attachment 84998

I think the solution here is we can reduce the size for that specific postbit style. Because at the default postbit style, it looks fine. These are things we aren't sure if we should change or not, as who is to say that someone wants it larger. And again, the amount of work to fix everything on every permutation of settings is a bit daunting. If you change the settings of any theme, things will indeed not be as designed by definition. The settings are there to help you get started and they do the laborious part. The tweaking I leave to you as it differs from site to site.

3) Username problem; can't see the bottom of letter 'g' when Classic Posbit is checked and if user wrote his/her real name:
View attachment 84999

This issue has been fixed a few days ago, but we haven't patched it yet. So yes this is fixed :)

4) Can't change Welcome Block Favicon, tried with fa-coffee:
View attachment 85004

Right, so this is also a minor bug. We added a bit of code that forces you to use the 'Pe-icon-7-stroke' font, but that has been removed. In the next release you can use FontAwesome or 'Pe-icon-7-stroke' or any other icon (so long as you conform to their setup)

There is a problem with the *******'s Modern Statistics. I can only see the first thread:
View attachment 85008

Also when I clicked the settings button I cant' see the rest of thread view option which goes as 15 entries, 20 entries, etc:
View attachment 85009

How does it normally look? Do you have a link you can post or PM?

This is not happening on my end. What is the device width here? Or rather what device is it?

We do not claim to make every single setting work perfectly with all our themes. I mean it does on our framework, but if we made every single view for every single theme work pixel perfect we'd never have time to create anything! That said, these don't look to be doing anything that a few tweaks to the CSS wouldn't fix. For example, that margin you reference, that is normal behavior. The fact that it doesn't look good I guess is a side affect of the type of theme this is, but that is not a bug.

There is specific site-to-site CSS that works, but we do not include this in themes of ours as it will differ depending on your goals. Such as setting a min-height on those node blocks.
I don't use Forum Style Node 1 so it is not biggie for me. Just wanted to let you guys know. :)

I think the solution here is we can reduce the size for that specific postbit style. Because at the default postbit style, it looks fine. These are things we aren't sure if we should change or not, as who is to say that someone wants it larger. And again, the amount of work to fix everything on every permutation of settings is a bit daunting. If you change the settings of any theme, things will indeed not be as designed by definition. The settings are there to help you get started and they do the laborious part. The tweaking I leave to you as it differs from site to site.
I actually really liked the classic postbit much more after spending some time! So again not a problem anymore. :)

This issue has been fixed a few days ago, but we haven't patched it yet. So yes this is fixed :)
Small bug but might be annoying for some people. So good to learn it's fixed! (y)

Right, so this is also a minor bug. We added a bit of code that forces you to use the 'Pe-icon-7-stroke' font, but that has been removed. In the next release you can use FontAwesome or 'Pe-icon-7-stroke' or any other icon (so long as you conform to their setup)
It was driving me mad! :D Glad it is fixed too! (y)

How does it normally look? Do you have a link you can post or PM?
Sorry, that was due to having only one thread. When I had more it expended automatically.

This is not happening on my end. What is the device width here? Or rather what device is it?
iPhone 5 (only in portrait mode) + iOS8 + Safari
Also, all footer columns are align left in landscape mode, IMHO it would look better if they were aligned centre

---
Not sure if these are bugs or me couldn't finding the solutions...

1) Logo & navigation problem in mobile theme:
1.webp

2) Having same header white space as desktop theme looks funny in mobile:
3.webp

3) Profile pic, messages, notifications and search doesn't get on sticky:
2.webp

3.1) But sometimes they do:
4.webp

I am still having trouble to change the typography. It doesn't matter which font I use, it is displaying Helvetica (or something similar) even though I've changed the quicksandregular to Roboto or Cabin, etc. Could you tell me what am I doing wrong?
Any solutions/ideas for this one?

Last edited:
After upgrading 1.4.1.0:
1) Can't change Header White Space any more:
1.webp
Unregistered:
2.webp

2)Also my other problems still continue...

Hi @Mike Creuzer
I wanted to sum up all the main problems, so it might be easier to find them.

Thanks
---

My main problems are:

1) White Space:
1) Can't change Header White Space any more:

Unregistered:

2)Typography:
However, I am still having trouble to change the typography. It doesn't matter which font I use, it is displaying Helvetica (or something similar) even though I've changed the quicksandregular to Roboto or Cabin, etc. Could you tell me what am I doing wrong?

3)Mobile:
1) Logo & navigation problem in mobile theme:

2) Having same header white space as desktop theme looks funny in mobile:

3) Profile pic, messages, notifications and search doesn't get on sticky:

3.1) But sometimes they do:

4) Still would like to know if you guys have any plan to support XenReviews?

Hi @Mike Creuzer
I wanted to sum up all the main problems, so it might be easier to find them.

Thanks
---

My main problems are:

1) White Space:

2)Typography:

3)Mobile:

4) Still would like to know if you guys have any plan to support XenReviews?
Thank you for summing these up for me. Add me on Skype lets knock these issues out. Does that work? Message me.

Top Bottom