Interview with Kier @ ForumPromotion

Fantastic!

Next, someone needs to interview Ashley, or maybe the xenMods :)

We (xenfans) have the questions ready for Ashley, and are working on crowd-sourced questions for the mods, but having a flu and before that, vacation, slowed things down. :) If anybody is also already doing this, feel free to contact me so we can do a joint effort.

That sounds just fine, Floris :) Also forgot to mention - I think it's really great that different sites are covering the different interviews, seems very organic and refreshing. Dunno, probably one of those odd things that I connect with.

That sounds just fine, Floris :) Also forgot to mention - I think it's really great that different sites are covering the different interviews, seems very organic and refreshing. Dunno, probably one of those odd things that I connect with.
I agree with this. It feels like Kier and Mike aren't favouring one site in particular and that they are willing to accept interviews from interested parties.

My thoughts exactly, and we want to build on that momentum by helping others become aware of the community around XenForo -verse.

We (xenfans) have the questions ready for Ashley, and are working on crowd-sourced questions for the mods, but having a flu and before that, vacation, slowed things down. :) If anybody is also already doing this, feel free to contact me so we can do a joint effort.

I can't PC you - hit me back if you want to discuss this.

I agree with this. It feels like Kier and Mike aren't favouring one site in particular and that they are willing to accept interviews from interested parties.
Which unfortunately I have seen companies do before - none of the staff at MyBB even respond to my PMs requesting interviews

A Matt Mecham (Chief Software Architect of IPS) interview has been posted. He had this to say about XenForo:

When asked "Kier has begun development on a new forum software - XenForo - what are your thoughts on it?"

Matt responded, "I have a lot of respect for Kier. We only really started talking after he left vBulletin and we have a lot in common. He's a very skilled developer with a lot of experience and an existing "fan" base which will be a fantastic boost in the early stages. Lots of new projects fail because they don't offer anything new and are not significantly different from existing and well supported applications so it's nice to see XenForo approach things a little differently.

XenForo has a lot of visual flair which is great to see. It's certainly generating a lot of buzz at the moment. I really do wish Kier and Mike all the best and look forward to many years of healthy competition."

http://forumpromotion.net/forum/blog.php?mode=view&b=19

A Matt Mecham (Chief Software Architect of IPS) - I really do wish Kier and Mike all the best and look forward to many years of healthy competition."

http://forumpromotion.net/forum/blog.php?mode=view&b=19

That is how you should deal with new competition, welcome them, learn from them, compete with them and you'll gain respect from not only your own customers but beyond.

On the other hand you can....

....well we all know that's the road to madness.

Nice interview with Matt. It was especially interesting what he had to say on other topics in that interview.

Top Bottom