Interview with IB Adrian @ ForumPromotion.net

Jonathan

http://forumpromotion.net/forum/blog.php?mode=view&b=20

Internet Brands Senior Operations Manager Adrian Harris is interviewed by Forum Promotion.

Check out the questions relating to XenForo

Now let's ask a few questions about your newest competitor. Do you plan to update ImpEx for XenForo -> vBulletin conversion?
There are hundreds of forum software’s out there, we typically provide Impex support for those that have the greatest market need. If there is a need for a xenForo to vBulletin converter we certainly will provide it.

Recently you published some details about a lawsuit against XenForo. Why did you make the information regarding the lawsuit public, did publishing the information actually work to promote XF?
We made the information public so to inform our customers. We have made a concerted effort recently to be more transparent in how we interact with our customers, and sharing details such as these goes in part with this policy. I acknowledge that this attempt to be more open may expose us to being the recipients of a greater level of criticism in the court of public opinion, however we feel that ultimately that approach is in the best interests of our customers.

Many vBulletin users actually oppose the lawsuit. Do you think it's actually bad for business?
I can understand the sentiment expressed by some of our users. It is difficult to comment on its affect on our business until an agreement or verdict is reached, and I think that myself, or anyone else forming an opinion before the court does would be jumping to conclusions.

http://forumpromotion.net/forum/blog.php?mode=view&b=20

I wish we could have a moratorium on all things vBulletin.
Reading about XenForo on vBulletin is as old as reading about vBulletin here.
Does it really make everyone feel better?
I will try to refrain from replying in the future.

Well.. all forum software communities discuss other platforms.

Generally it's keep in check by the moderators to some extent however. Remember 40%, from a poll published here, of Xenforo members weren't IB customers, guess that might have gone down some by now :)

Maybe IB has learned from some of their mistakes... and realize they have no choice but to interact with customers

Corrected for you:

Maybe IB has learned from some of their mistakes... and realize think they have no choice but to interact with customers carry on making mistakes in order to learn more.

:)

Interesting:

Will vBulletin 5 be a complete rewrite? When can we expect to see it?
vB5 will not be a “complete rewrite” per se, a significant portion of the code will be refactored

Why am I not surprised, vB5 will be another vB3, IMO. :)

Maybe they feel they can’t do a complete re-write because they could face legal action from xF for stealing their idea. ;)

Top Bottom