Interview Tips

Amaury

So I've got an interview at McDonald's tomorrow, and I'm hoping that the third time will be the charm (I've applied twice before and had two interviews a few years ago and never heard back one way or the other).

Does anyone have any tips on interviewing? My mom has told me that I naturally appear to have a laid back look, and that seemed to be my problem, at least during my second interview because she was able to see me while she was waiting in the car. She also says I need to sell myself, but I still don't quite understand what that means.

Look the interviewer in the eye when you're answering questions. Don't fold your arms (it's a defensive posture), don't slouch. Answer clearly and confidently. Make sure you've washed, brushed your teeth and smell nice lol

So I've got an interview at McDonald's tomorrow, and I'm hoping that the third time will be the charm (I've applied twice before and had two interviews a few years ago and never heard back one way or the other).

Does anyone have any tips on interviewing? My mom has told me that I naturally appear to have a laid back look, and that seemed to be my problem, at least during my second interview because she was able to see me while she was waiting in the car. She also says I need to sell myself, but I still don't quite understand what that means.

I agree with @Azhria Lilu .
Also wear clean clothes and shake the interviewer's hand with a firm grip. A positive, friendly "can do" attitude can make the difference.

Good luck!

She also says I need to sell myself, but I still don't quite understand what that means.

Let them know what you can do for them and why you are better suited than the other candidates.
They have a problem (need an employee), you are the solution.

I think it went okay. If I don't hear within a week, they found another candidate, so fingers crossed.

Don't forget to drop them a card in the mail thanking them for the interview and letting them know how much you appreciated their time for your interview.
You were very impressed with their operation and that you think your talents would be a good fit to further their company goals.

Again, best wishes on getting this job.

Top Bottom