Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whattya think is written on the whiteboard?

steelzf.webp

:eek:

One thing that is important here is this: xenforo wouldn't have so much momentum if vBulletin 4 was good.
I wouldn't really feel the need to be looking around if I felt vB4 was a solid product (like vB 3.5) and was heading in the right direction.
xenForo exists because IB is killing vBulletin.
The CMS is so very wrong. vB4 is buggy. They messed up templating in vB4.
I feel I was FORCED to look for alternatives to vBulletin because version 4 was so terrible.
and then to sue the competition because they've outdone you ?
I'll use bbPress before I give vBulletin any more money.
vBulletin is a has been forum with no vision, and will never recover from the Catastrophe that is IB's version of vB4.

You can not blame IB ... below is from their corporate website.

What does Internet Brands do?
Internet Brands is a leading Internet media company that builds, acquires and enhances a rapidly growing network of branded websites in several vertical consumer markets.

You can not blame IB ... below is from their corporate website.

What does Internet Brands do?
Internet Brands is a leading Internet media company that builds, acquires and enhances a rapidly growing network of branded websites in several vertical consumer markets.

I would have to say their goals are not being met. may i talk to their CEO? Not Bob Brisko but the retarded monkey behind the desk.

I'd truly appreciate specific people were not targeted in a strong negative way (unless I am completely mis-reading the last couple of posts.)

I'd truly appreciate specific people were not targeted in a strong negative way (unless I am completely mis-reading the last couple of posts.)
I might be getting carried away posting images. I drunk way too much coffee today.

From what I remember and I may be mistaken, if I am, Please correct me.
But from the old screenshots I had seen before of the way vBulletin 4 was supposed to have looked as a complete rewrite... Xen Foro resembles those original screenshots.

Again IF my memory didn't fail me. That may be the reason of the lawsuit.
vBulletin 4 resembles IPB 3. I guess IPS used a time machine and traveled into the future to see what iNet was doing with vB and they should also sue IPS, yesirreee!

/Huge Amount of Sarcasm

In essence it can be argued that vB 4 looks like many other software or web apps that came before it. If this is truly the case, why is XF being targetted only? We won't know the real reason until the case is made public.

Guys,

I think freedom of speech is rife in this thread and that's great...but, be wary of the very thin line between that and personal attacks. I don't think there is room in today's diverse society to judge people and make derogatory comments based solely on their looks.

With regards to the 'retarded monkey behind the desk' comment - I'm shocked actually - this is very unkind to retarded monkeys to insinuate even a remote likeness.

No, seriously though - this is about a company, Internet Brands - personal insults are absolutely uncalled for.

How about this for an idea <and don't shoot me for it!!!>:

Forget IB, forget vB, and focus in-house on getting xF to the top slot by testing, reporting, installing, and promoting it and use your time energy and resources to make sure it trounces vB in terms of installed sites ...

... got to be more positive than venting ... :D

This community - and what it can produce - is what really counts. Leave the corporate mob too it, and make this the forum coder's/owner's/user's paradise it can truely become.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

How about this for an idea <and don't shoot me for it!!!>:

Forget IB, forget vB, and focus in-house on getting xF to the top slot by testing, reporting, installing, and promoting it and use your time energy and resources to make sure it trounces vB in terms of installed sites ...

... got to be more positive than venting ... :D

This community - and what it can produce - is what really counts. Leave the corporate mob too it, and make this the forum coder's/owner's/user's paradise it can truely become.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I like your idea and I think the positive things you have said. I think the flip side is also true, I have seen to many cases where small companies have been crippled even after winning a suit due to costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom