Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please... Kier is probably surprised and needs time to plan his response and obtain good legal counsel who needs to be brought up to date with regard to the case. Unlike the offense, the defense here has likely not yet considered needing a plan.

Kier said he knew this may come. XenForo should be prepared for any eventuality.

Please... Kier is probably surprised and needs time to plan his response and obtain good legal counsel who needs to be brought up to date with regard to the case. Unlike the offense, the defense here has likely not yet considered needing a plan.
All three of them, actually. They're equal partners.

One of the first things Kier, Mike and Ashley probably did was:
a) Get a solicitor on retainer
b) Get good solid advice on this very situation (or one similar to it).

The fact that they announced last night they intended to go through with the sale today, suggests they already have that advice and are confident of their position. Had they not had the advice, I suspect the sale would have been cancelled until they were able to seek that advice (so I cannot see how they could have announced at 11:30pm yesterday the sale would go on today - assuming that Kier and co had no advanced notice beyond the 5:30pm [after UK business hours] public announcement from IB).

lol, sorry Dave. But we're all a bit anxious, and excited. I don't want anyone scrambling to try and find a buy button that isn't there. ;)
Haha, Give it till page 70 and then I think you should post it. Keeps people busy for a while and helps pass the time! Keep it hush hush though or it will spoil the fun :)

I would strongly doubt this. Kier stated in an interview that he wished he would have pushed James enough to become a director. I think that with Kier & Mike in full control, it would be very unlikely that XenForo would ever seek a cash-out option.

I didn't mean that the xenforo folks are selling. My post was taken out of context.
Someone suggested that IB must have some sort of proof in order to sue. My opinion was it could be a number of things. One of them is to force buy xenforo ;)

IB are stupid and pathetic. Simply said, they've done more bad for their own good. Advertising a rival forum software on their own forums is the most stupidest thing I've actually ever seen done.

I would strongly doubt this. Kier stated in an interview that he wished he would have pushed James enough to become a director. I think that with Kier & Mike in full control, it would be very unlikely that XenForo would ever seek a cash-out option.

Trent, you're right it's never going to happen, the origins of the idea are bordering on trolling now.

IB are stupid and pathetic. Simply said, they've done more bad for their own good. Advertising a rival forum software on their own forums is the most stupidest thing I've actually ever seen done.
Hence my suspicion of the buying thing. Unless they are down right dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom