Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know this? Are there reports?
I was just making a pun at the comment regarding someone's comment implying that there's a reason to sue, due to sinking sales at IB's end .. the point being that there is OTHER forum software out there that customers from IB have been RUNNING towards to, prior to this whole IB-thing

Hope, everything's gonna be Ok, cause I've already fallen in love with this engine. It's very stylish and effective. Can't wait to migrate my phpbb forum to this one.

Only just discovered the news and this thread. Skipped from page 5 to page 56. Have I missed anything except general disgust at IB?
It's funny actually. IB couldn't walk through a field without stepping in every cow pat on the way. They really haven't a clue.

Only just discovered the news and this thread. Skipped from page 5 to page 56. Have I missed anything except general disgust at IB?
It's funny actually. IB couldn't walk through a field without stepping in every cow pat on the way. They really haven't a clue.
No. Most of this topic is useless.

I wish there was a Admin CP demo so I could show the big potentialities of XenForo to the person in the administration that think that MyBB is good enough and that is not needed to get a paid forum software...

He does have a point though....the entire thread could be summed up in one post:

- People dont like IB
- Ceri likes Cider :p

Thats about it!

Ha Ha...

Wow I get my own section, NICE... :)

What about the JD lovers in this thread?

I wish there was a Admin CP demo so I could show the big potentialities of XenForo to the person in the administration that think that MyBB is good enough and that is not needed to get a paid forum software...
That online demo will come after beta period :)

has someone answered this question?

is a user liable if he uses xenforo beta on a live domain?

can he be targeted by IB with a lawsuit?

Lol.
I'm from italy here. I will happy to use it on my live domain as soon as i have it ready.

IB will suit me? Ok, a civil process in italy lasts at LEAST 10 years, and i'm in good faith.

My guess is, even if they win, XF only becomes IB's property and you would still have a paid license. Lawyers correct me if I'm wrong;)

I don't think they can go after you on that. I am going to assume the software is legal. If they can go after you, well, they can sue me then.

It's a bit like using stolen goods that you legitimately bought, they can be taken off of you but you cannot be held responsible for their theft.

No. At the time of sale you are buying what would be percieved as a legitimate product. If IB won the case, the situation is basically you have an unsupported product. Just consider it like Rover going bust, you can still drive your car around but theres no manufacturer support for it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom