Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that they announce to go through with the sale means they are confident about their product and their rights. That makes me feel confident enough as a customer to proceed with my purchase. I hope others feel the same, and I will laugh hard at IB if their forum announcement only boosted XF's sales;)

jack_DSCF0052.png

Nice. I live about an hour from their distillery.

This is like three pages down now, but I still wanted to comment:

That's like me closing threads because my members say Camaros suck. Everyone knows Internet Brands sucks. They suck bad. They are a ****ty company with ****ty tactics that don't give a **** about the forums they buy, just the money in the end.

Now, insulting members is another thing.
"Internet Brands sucks" is an opinion and isn't necessarily shared by everyone. I, for one, appreciate what the mods here do to keep discussions friendly and civil, even when concerning the competition. :)
twocents.gif

Looking forward to tomorrow's proceedings, even if I don't buy a license just yet (still on the fence, but leaning even closer toward getting one :D).

*munches on some shreddies*

morning everyone!

*edit* nvm 11 minutes untill its morning

Anyways, I think the whole problem with this has been blown up mostly by the timing of the announcement opposed to the actualy announcement itself.

Happy Birthday XenForo !

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It is awesome they are going ahead as planned and goes to show IB has nothing to stand on.

I've basically skimmed through most of this and I've read a lot of what people have to say.
There was a "Law and Order" episode that keeps ringing in my mind concerning this...
Basically it went down like this:
Halfway through an attempted murder trial, Company A files a lawsuit about information that was in the possession of Company B, was in a direct Copyright infringement and did not want it to be displayed. What happens is a bit fuzzy, but in the end, what actually occurred was Company A lost the suit quickly but the court ordered that Company B disclose all documents pertaining to the copyright case. Essentially, giving Company A the blueprints to their product so that they could "inspect" them.
In my mind, this is exactly what's happening right now. IB only suspects that Xenforo has copied their stuff, but has no proof. They'll get the courts to make Xenforo revile their core software. They'll take a look at it and "compare" it to their own. After IB figures out what new and improved ideas that are implemented in the Xenforo software, they'll hand it back with an apology, pay the few measly amount of money that they cost in business for Xen and then adapt VB4.1 with the improved stuff......
Please note that I could have this all wrong but this is what is running in my head, due to the timing and all that.

OMG - Internet Brands, desperate much?
This just says so much about the situation...

Kier, Mike, Ashley, I congratulate you. The code was written from scratch, so this is nothing more than desperation. In the end, IB is just going to lose even more face than they already have.
The funny thing is the explanation... Like they have seen the code or something. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom