Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you even read what is written? PLC = Private Limited Company.

No, he's quite correct.

PLC has a very different meaning in the UK. It means Public Limited Company.

XenForo is called XenForo Ltd. "Ltd" is the one used when it's a private limited company.
XenForo cannot be called 'XenForo PLC' - it is not a PLC in the sense that it is not a public limited company, which has a minimum share capital and different rules.

See: http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdot...2=1085161962&type=RESOURCES&itemId=1073789599 (hope that links works)

I have just signed up to show my support here.
I wanted to wait and see other users feedback before buying my xenforo license but now due to IB announcment I know I will buy my license first thing when it's out to support you and also to prepare and my move from vB to XF as soon as possible.

I am so disgusted with internetbrands I have for the past 1 hour and a half removed all my resources from their domain. (something thought I'd never do) That's 113 threads, several hundred packs tens of thousands of images removed.

Probably makes me as bad as them but then I never really did care what others think.

It just shows you the lengths these clowns will stoop to. Not only that they cannot accept their responsibility since the takeover of IB that they messed up in every way they could. Thik about building a product from the ground up rather than trying to make an easy buck off the people you serve.
adolf.gif

I support you doing this and understand. It does hurt vBulletin because it starts the process of taking away the community support that made vBulletin popular.

10 years ago in 2000, a lawsuit like this wouldn't have as much outrage. The internet wasn't as popular, especially in the non-geek crowds. But now in 2010, when everyone is using the internet, outrages against corporate bullies tend to spread like wildfire. I've said for a long time now that IB doesn't understand their customer base, that they were completely out of touch with reality. In this day and age, this kind of bullying you want to do in private, and keep out of the public eye... and this post they created, which is just a POST, not even a press release, is proof in that.

The only real competition i see in the future is xF and IPB and i can assure you it will benefit both parties, just what competition is supposed to do :)

10 years ago in 2000, a lawsuit like this wouldn't have as much outrage. The internet wasn't as popular, especially in the non-geek crowds. But now in 2010, when everyone is using the internet, outrages against corporate bullies tend to spread like wildfire. I've said for a long time now that IB doesn't understand their customer base, that they were completely out of touch with reality. In this day and age, this kind of bullying you want to do in private, and keep out of the public eye... and this post they created, which is just a POST, not even a press release, is proof in that.

Hi Jaxel,

I respect your decision i have the media library installed :). Love your work!!
vBulletin is great only because of it's fanbase and awesome modders like yourself.

I just hope they can release the beta version, the decision to make this public plays out very well for xenforo.

btw i'm marka ragnos on the vbulletin forums!

If they are wrong IB has just dug themselves their own grave. -.-

Also because the code has not even been released does that mean they are suing over because developers code the same way? If so i think IB need to grow up and stop been a baby.

Looks like more like anti-competition employment clause that bars you to work for competitor for x period of time. Remember IBM vs Apple case, where the guy Apple hired had leave

If they are wrong IB has just dug themselves their own grave. -.-

Also because the code has not even been released does that mean they are suing over because developers code the same way? If so i think IB need to grow up and stop been a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom