Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly it was deiced that trying to take that down would do more harm than good. Remember though that is based on xenForo not vBulletin.

As for the vBulletin site, I did make a stupid mistake of buying a domain with vbulletin in it from someone on a market place, before actually making the site I asked them if it was alright to use it.

I won't post the response I got from them but it was a clear no.

Labour law is pretty irrelevant.

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Guys, take a commercial break. :)
Enjoy Kylie Minogue's legs.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
'This video contains content from EMI and is not available in your country.' :mad:

yum yum..... yes please. :p

May not be, from what I understand from that spat, is Brian supposedly used some code from PP code into VB Gallery. PP filed the case AFTER product was released and verified by PP team
Please stop spreading false rumors.

As nice as those legs are, I did have to turn off the sound to protect my ears whilst watching that video :P

If I remember correctly it was deiced that trying to take that down would do more harm than good. Remember though that is based on xenForo not vBulletin.

As for the vBulletin site, I did make a stupid mistake of buying a domain with vbulletin in it from someone on a market place, before actually making the site I asked them if it was alright to use it.

I won't post the response I got from them but it was a clear no.

Fair use policies allow this. Look at paypalsucks.com.

I'm curious if Invision Power will be targeted with a similar lawsuit?

Nothing to see here folks, these are just the death throes

If it adds insight and not speculation, sure, :)

I hope this qualifies.

Case summary report from Law Brief publishing (these are written by English barristers / solicitors):
http://www.casecheck.co.uk/CaseLaw/tabid/1184/EntryID/16461/Default.aspx "S challenged the existing view of the English courts to the effect that it is not an infringement of copyright in the source code of a computer program for a competitor to write its own program emulating its functionality." (read the judgement, linked from site and below, to see if the challenge was successful!)

Court judgements:
http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2010/1829.html (High Court)
http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2007/219.html (Court of Appeal, so higher authority and precedent).

Obviously there are other issues that IB aren't revealing and that makes it impossible to comment on, but, they have stated in a follow-up post in the feedback thread they are pursuing them for Copyright infringement so I think it's ok to try and gain "insight" into that aspect?

The company owners will be making a statement later.

At this point in time no-one but the three of them know what is going to happen.
Thanks for the info.
I was right, they are making a task force :D

Do you know if they will do it in the next hours (i suppose they also sleep since they're humans) or tomorrow?
I'm toooo curios and i want to know ;)

I don't understand how did they (IB) get the evidence/codes/materials to state the infractions of copyrights and so on? If the software will be tomorrow available, and it's still secret, shouldn't it be an evidence of violation of privacy itself against vB?
If vB lawyer and staff can see WHAT we can see..I cannot find any evidence against XF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom