Internal Server Error after PHP upgrade

D.O.A.

Hi all, I've updated php to 5.3.4 via easyapache and run latest PHP now with apache 2.2, my wordpress sites and old vbulletin forum are okay but xenforo is throwing back 500 internal server error, the only page I can access is index.php?upgrade/ but clicking login returns the error.
Mod rewrite is okay on the other sites also.

I have suphp enabled for php5 as the handler but wordpress is running cache folders etc with 777 permissions and I cant see why xenforo would only have the permission issue.

I've tried rewrite base /, /forum, /public_html/forum etc with no luck.
Anyone see or thing of a reason this would happen? php.ini or httpd.conf settings?

Do you have access to the backend? if you do turn off the SEO option ... if it fixes it .. then it's your .htaccess

No access for admin.php, 500 error. It's got to be a server setting but I just cant work it out, as my other domains and subdomains are fine.

PHP:
apc.slam_defense = Off

is the only reference in php.ini I can see
APC Support enabled Version 3.1.4
shows in the phpinfo.php file I created on the forum domain, that strangely works.

can you edit the php.ini file?
(in the phpinfo.php the first box should tell you the path of the loaded php.ini)

I got it, found APC and diabled it, restarted apache and same 500 error.
;extension=apc.so
;apc.slam_defense = Off

would it be possible this is some kind of owner permission at the server level, like something screwed up with easyapache? Funny a phpinfo file will run with the same permissions (644) and user as the xenforo files but erorr out

error_log tail

[Sat Jan 08 21:08:11 2011] [error] [client xxx] Premature end of script headers: index.php
[Sat Jan 08 21:08:11 2011] [error] [client xxx] Premature end of scri pt headers: index.php
[Sat Jan 08 21:08:44 2011] [error] [client xxx] Premature end of scrip t headers: index.php
[Sat Jan 08 21:08:44 2011] [error] [client xxx] Premature end of scrip t headers: index.php

suexec log tail

[2011-01-08 20:11:14]: uid: (504/forum) gid: (501/forum) cmd: php5
[2011-01-08 20:11:15]: uid: (504/forum) gid: (501/forum) cmd: php5

No .. this is not a server permission issue. permission errors will tell you : hey you are out of line :D get out of here

Internal error means php went haywire, a corrupted file may give this error... could you reupload the files again? (the upgrade package)

Database is not the cause

Uploaded upgrade files again, no luck. So I created a new subdomain and started the installer with a fresh full version copy uploaded. As it began the actual DB installation it stopped @index.php?install/step/2b, noted a error (but no info) and promptly crashed to a 500 page.

I've contacted the level 3 tech so hopefully he'll be able to shed some light on this. Basically the easyapache update killed xenforo, there was no file alterations or corrupt files before it began and things worked well. Will keep this posted on the cause/solution as soon as we find it.

Appears to be user related, should have it worked out when rebuilt next. Permissions :oops: :D

PHP:
info [rebuildhttpdconf] Domain ownership conflict detected for forum.domain.com, users UserID1, UserID2

Top Bottom