This add-on is close to done. But it moved to open source once licensing was bought out.
- There is something finicky in that the original post often disappears. That is likely an easy fix.
- The other thing that happens is sometimes random posts (maybe 1 out of 100) will disappear. You will see them load, but then hide almost right away. So something off in the code. Once the thread is no longer live, those posts show up.
- Timer to automatically unlive the thread after no one has posted for some time. That would prevent a thread from auto refreshing and wasting resources.
- Cron job to automatically make a thread live at a certain time. Lots of people use live thread add-ons during sporting events for instance. Would be good to have these already set so admins didn't have to be present.
- Some sort of icon on the forum thread list to indicate LIVE. This could be just a small tag so users new that was a live thread.
- Consider a way to see all current live threads via ACP or otherwise. This could help make sure all live threads were identified and unlived when done. Again, protect server resources.
Not only could you make this add-on for sale, I am willing to donate right up front to get these known issues corrected and moved out of the current beta version. Name a price?