Integration with ChatGPT API

I was about to say something similar. I would prefer the posts on my site be from actual thinking persons than letting them interface with an AI directly and have the AI post what it has pulled in from various parts of the web and purport to be theirs.
I can see NO actual use for ChatGPT or such in a discussion area. I COULD see it as useful as a "question/answer" type format for live interaction.,,,, but that would probably be better tended by a add-on than direct inclusion.
You don't need ChatGPT for speech -> text or text -> speech conversion. Those that need those features usually already have them present on their devices.

I can see NO actual use for ChatGPT or such in a discussion area. I COULD see it as useful as a "question/answer" type format for live interaction.,,,, but that would probably be better tended by a add-on than direct inclusion.
An add-on was my thought as well.
You don't need ChatGPT for speech -> text or text -> speech conversion. Those that need those features usually already have them present on their devices.
Exactly. If you are going to implement it, do it for something that actually needs it.

Just saw an article about the ChatGPT and Whisper APIs. There is a cost for them. US$0.0002 per 1000 tokens (roughly 750 words) for text and US$0.006 per minute for speech. Sounds small but could add up if usage is heavy. Definitely want to be using it for more than just simple speech-to-text and vice versa.

Forums should be the least of our worries with ChatGPT. People are already reporting of it being utilized as a tool to cheat and do homework, college courses, counseling, parenting, and other basic life skills.

Pretty soon - if we are not careful, it will be the new "life tool" that every person born after 2020 will have in their back pocket to learn basic human skills. What a time we live in. No wonder mental health is rapidly declining.

posting for a friend:

As an AI language model, I am not biased towards any particular platform or product. However, here are five potential reasons why a XenForo forum might benefit from integrating ChatGPT:

1. Improved user engagement: Integrating an AI-powered chatbot like ChatGPT can enhance user engagement on a forum by providing users with quick and easy access to information and resources.
  2. Reduced workload for moderators: ChatGPT can help reduce the workload for moderators by answering common questions and addressing issues that arise on the forum.
  3. Personalized user experience: ChatGPT can provide personalized responses to users based on their individual needs and interests, which can improve the overall user experience on the forum.
  4. Enhanced community building: ChatGPT can help foster a sense of community on a forum by facilitating conversations and interactions between users.
  5. Competitive advantage: Integrating ChatGPT can give a XenForo forum a competitive advantage over other forums by providing a unique and innovative feature that sets it apart from the competition.

posting for a friend:

As an AI language model, I am not biased towards any particular platform or product. However, here are five potential reasons why a XenForo forum might benefit from integrating ChatGPT:

1. Improved user engagement: Integrating an AI-powered chatbot like ChatGPT can enhance user engagement on a forum by providing users with quick and easy access to information and resources.
  2. Reduced workload for moderators: ChatGPT can help reduce the workload for moderators by answering common questions and addressing issues that arise on the forum.
  3. Personalized user experience: ChatGPT can provide personalized responses to users based on their individual needs and interests, which can improve the overall user experience on the forum.
  4. Enhanced community building: ChatGPT can help foster a sense of community on a forum by facilitating conversations and interactions between users.
  5. Competitive advantage: Integrating ChatGPT can give a XenForo forum a competitive advantage over other forums by providing a unique and innovative feature that sets it apart from the competition.
All of that basically creates a "fake" human interaction, that to be honest has proven to create more issues as technology has evolved. Genuine human interaction is what matters. Not more fake nonsense. We see fakeness enough already in social media, and society as it is.

ChatGPT as a glorified auto-responder 🙃.

Working on two projects right now, and I am literally offering free development hours to properly implement an approval system before some contracts are sent out. I've even shown them an example contract that would have lost the company several hundred thousand dollars, all because they are not verifying what ChatGPT creates.

As a roleplay/writing site, I've been testing it intensively, and it cannot really replace the whole roleplaying aspect, but in our use case, it could be a very useful tool to quickly spin up a fantasy location or NPC and a bit of history when you need to throw something together.

It's like how some RPG books come with quick-use characters, I see it like that.

As a roleplay/writing site, I've been testing it intensively, and it cannot really replace the whole roleplaying aspect, but in our use case, it could be a very useful tool to quickly spin up a fantasy location or NPC and a bit of history when you need to throw something together.

It's like how some RPG books come with quick-use characters, I see it like that.
I have a prompt generator that my design team is collaborating on that you may be interested in :LOL:.

As an old school RPGer (late 1970s to early 1990s), I can totally get this. There are definitely use cases, but not for everyone.

I could see limited use for AI as a type of search which can be used in a conversational mode, either to search forum content, or to search the forum's help system. But I don't see it doing much beyond that. In all honesty though, I've used those "help" systems that act as a chat, and usually end up being more frustrated because they never provide the answers I'm after. Large corporations use these before they send your support request to some offshore call center that can barely comprehend English (or other languages, I'm sure).

Something to note about ChatGPT and AI in general is it took a while to get to this point, longer than was first thought but it's growth is now exponential. Generative AI in particular will probably produce the next generation of forum software, perhaps even before 2.3 see the light of day...

...which of course is a poor attempt at humor, or is it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenAI_Codex

Give it a month or two and I suspect stochastic parrots will be the least of our worries. What concerns us right now is already yesterday's news, such is the pace of development in AI.

Top Bottom