Integrating with Word Press

Thomas Seay

How easy is it to integrate this with a Wordpress blog? Also, I am using WAMP server for my Wordpress. Do I need to install a seperate server and if not, how easy is it to set up using WAMP? I am serious about buying this product but need to know this information beforehand.

How easy is it to integrate this with a Wordpress blog?

This depends on several issues. Is the site already completed and with membership in WordPress? If yes, what is the directory structure? Placing WordPress in the root and XenForo in /community should work fine; They must be in separate directories. Next, if memberships in WP then import them into XF and use the XF login system. Optional is to purchase and install the XenScripts bridge for putting them together. There are also several WP blocks for latest threads, etc.

Also, I am using WAMP server for my Wordpress. Do I need to install a seperate server and if not, how easy is it to set up using WAMP? I am serious about buying this product but need to know this information beforehand.

XF is an easy installation: http://xenforo.com/help/installation/

Right now I just have Wordpress installed on my local machine. I am creating an intranet for my company and want to add a forum. After I have a proof of concept (meaning I have a prototype set up on my machine) I will show this to management and get a test server.

My wordpress home is in this directory: localhost/XIPTestWebsite/wordpress
Is the community directory, an already existing folder or are you just suggesting that I create a folder called community under the wordpress directory? If not, where?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

My wordpress home is in this directory: localhost/XIPTestWebsite/wordpress

Is the community directory, an already existing folder or are you just suggesting that I create a folder called community under the wordpress directory? If not, where?

Create the community directory off the root and not WordPress. The easiest is to use:

/.htaccess
/index.php (and all other WP files belonging in root)
/wp-admin
/wp-content
/wp-includes
/community (holds XF)

For example, if you want to access XenForo via www.example.com/community/, create a community directory inside your webroot (such as a public_html or www directory).

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom