Integrated Blogs

Grover

The latest version (3.8) Kier & Mike produced for Jelsoft has it... Invision Powerboard has it. So it seems logical/natural that xenForo needs to provide integrated Blogs aswell. Otherwise a large part of customers will be unable/unwilling to transfer their vB boards to xenForo, because we really need our integrated Blogs aswell.

Please do [like] this first posting if you think it is a good feature suggestion for XenForo

Upvote 103
In case you need a blog add-on, we already have one.

You've said yourselves that it's not a blog. Looking at the features, it's simply described as a way to move Xenforo and Wordpress content between each software platform while still connecting to the same user data - it does not offer individual blogs for individual members, something I've raised with TH and been told isn't possible.

The topic is only about the official blog, but I don’t advise buying them from @ThemeHouse , they don’t return money if their add-on didn’t fit or was not as good as expected.

This is true - I bought a theme for XF1 that didn't work as advertised and was full of bugs that meant I couldn't use it. TH refused to issue a refund.

This is true - I bought a theme for XF1 that didn't work as advertised and was full of bugs that meant I couldn't use it. TH refused to issue a refund.
Yes, I had a similar, their plug-in did not compress the photo, I tested it for 6 hours. I wrote in support, they said, everything works for them. I asked for a refund, they threw off the terms of the purchase, in which they write that money is not refundable. I do not recommend buying plug-ins from them, $ 25 is thrown to the wind.

You've said yourselves that it's not a blog.

Please don't turn my words around. I've said it's not a user blogging system by default. There's enough plugins for WordPress around that are well capable of turning it into one. That doesn't make WordPress any less of a blog software, which by the way is also reflected in the tab name you get when you access wordpress.org: "Blog Tool, [...]"

Please don't turn my words around.

I'm not sure whether it's you yourself - I'm simply paraphrasing someone from ThemeHouse in general.

And while it's commendable that you've integated WP with XF, because Xpress does not actually provide blogging platform there remains that need to be filled. Hence this thread remains open and added to.

I know that you can't transfer blog data from other boards to it but... Couldn't you rig the official Media Gallery to easily become a blog already?

How many likes does it take to consider suggestions? 10 years passed already since the OP, will we see a portal/blog system in XF2.2?

Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom