1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Integrate Xenforo into Zapier ? (Automatically integrate your web services)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Digital Doctor, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Automatically integrate your web services.

Build unique integrations between your favorite web services, one mouse click at a time. You never have to write a single line of code!

Quite the list of web services that it integrates !

I did notice a missing spot between Xero and Yammer.
    Must be a software package that starts with X ! (What could go there ? Hmmmm).
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Between Xero and Yammer?

Xesforo? Xetforo? Xewforo?
  3. Bryan Helmig

Bryan Helmig New Member

Hey guys! Zapier co-founder here. Thanks for posting this! We have a developer platform (https://zapier.com/developer/) and are happy to work with the folks at Xenforo to make something magical happen!
  4. Sim

Sim Well-Known Member

Would be interesting to see what could be achieved in relation to user database synchronisation between multiple services using a tool such as Zapier.
  5. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

So in layman's terms, what does Zapier do? How would it benefit my forum...or is this something strictly for personal use? I looked at the video but other than seeing that you could do x in one thing and it will do y in another, I didn't see what it really does.

What am I missing?
  6. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

Okay, I just did a little poking on the site itself.

For example, I set up a thing from Twitter (when someone does a mention) it will update the Facebook page. Interesting. I didn't see a lot of apps I use, but this must be cool for someone.
  7. Sim

Sim Well-Known Member

Zapier is an integration service. It is designed to make it easy to hook multiple applications or systems together using configurable logic rather than code. In other words, you don't necessarily need to be a programmer to be able to make the integration happen.

To make this work, each service being integrated needs some code to be able to talk to Zapier's APIs - this is either provided by Zapier, by the service/software vendor, by a third party, or by yourself if you know how.

It's a system-level tool, you the site administrator would set up your applications to communicate via Zapier to enable easier integration between them.

Typical usage scenarios including synchronising user databases between multiple applications (eg CRM system, Bookkeeping system, Helpdesk system), or perhaps sending invoices from your invoicing system to your bookkeeping system, or having your Tweets sent automatically to your Facebook page, etc.

The possibilities are almost endless, it just depends on what integrations are available.

In order for XenForo to talk to other Zapier integrated systems, someone would need to write a XenForo plugin which talks to the Zapier APIs.
    Bryan Helmig and Edrondol like this.
  8. Bryan Helmig

Bryan Helmig New Member

We do have support for RSS, which might be a quick and easy way to start playing with XenForo without any extra code.
  9. Bryan Helmig

Bryan Helmig New Member

This is spot on and a great description!
  10. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

A few years down the line..... has anything ever happened in this area since?
    I'm seriously looking at Zapier to provide some automated workflow.
    ActiveMgmt likes this.
  11. Woodrow

Woodrow Member

I am wondering if anything has come of this, I cannot find Xenforo in my Zapier account, so I am guessing this hasn't happened?