Integrate forum into website

stig olsen

Hi,

As I need the ability to post articles, blog, web shop I need a way to integrate the forum into my existing website.
I intent to have a category "forum" on top of my website and when the button is pushed it will bring the users into the forum. But, I dont want the forum to open as an external site, but have it integrated into my existing design. How is this done?

Stig

If you are just referring to a navigation tab, you would just update your existing site and add a new tab linked to the forum.
It would open the forum in the same browser tab, without opening a new page/tab.

Any integration with your existing site would have to be handled by you as it is external to XenForo.

Thanks for the fast reply!

I know that I can create this tab in my existing site and link to the forum. But that tab will take the user to the forum as a new site. I want the user to feel that he is on the main website, and easily have the ability to click on the other tabs (shop, blog etc) even if hes on the forum. Is this possible?

To explain further.
This site is set up the way I dont want my to be set up.
Now Inside of the forum, when I push the home tab, it seems like Im taken to an entire new site. This is not a good integration in my opinion. It should be one navigation bar on top so that the user can painless and quickly navigate between blog, forum, shop etc. Possible?

This site is set up the way I dont want my to be set up.
Now Inside of the forum, when I push the home tab, it seems like Im taken to an entire new site. This is not a good integration in my opinion. It should be one navigation bar on top so that the user can painless and quickly navigate between blog, forum, shop etc. Possible?
We have integrated Wordpress with XenForo many times keeping the same header and footer in both platforms so users don't feel they are changing from one section to another.

Top Bottom