instantly find threads just posted or with 0 or 1 response.

craigiri

Sorry if this is a repeat, but it is difficult to "fuzzy search" XF.

Is there an add-on or template edit which would list out new threads (not posts!) and/or also be able to easily find posts with 0 or 1 replies???

This would be nice for our forum members who enjoy answering questions which no one else has yet chimed in on. Our mods also like to make sure that new posts are answered.

Ideally, this would be done from a simple link (link forum or drop down).......

Thanks for any pointers!

Yes, that is stock but does not do what many would need.

It lists the last replies only, even if a thread was started a year ago or has 120 replies!

My reasoning is simple. In forums like mine (and MANY others), there are a small percentage of members who answer most of the newer questions. This would allow them (and myself) to instantly find out which threads are now and have not been answered (or perhaps only have X replies).

Such a mod would also encourage other members to answer more questions - again, because it would be easier to find them!

A forum like ours is so busy at peak times that a new thread is likely to be far down the list an hour or two later. This mod would always keep the top "need action" newer posts in clear sight.....

I seem to remember seeing an addon here that will put a Unanswered Thread link on the navigation bar that will list threads with 0 reply.

My guess is that it exists...and once again we see the weakness in XF and mysql and es search....I can't find the dang things!

But that is the idea of what I want. It would be great to have it a bit customizable to list threads with X or 0 replies newer than (any or this) date. These could be user options or forum default options.

Great - it looks like it hasn't been touched since, but it works! It has some basic configs.....exclude forums, etc.

I assume it is archived because the fella is not updating or supporting? This may be something one of you geniuses want to extend (obviously asking if the code is ok to use if basing on this code)....

I like the idea of finding threads with perhaps one or two replies and having them listed after the 0 replies.

This should be a great tool for our site. If anyone wants to see it, check out the URL in my sig or:
http://www.hearth.com/talk/unanswered/182297/threads

Top Bottom