1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Installing Xenforo will it overight my wordpress blog?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by palmer, Jan 16, 2014.

1. palmer

palmer Member

Hi guys! New hear, but just about to install Xenforo and wanted to ensure that if I do install it that my blog won't be affected. The blog is at mysite.com/blog and going to install xenforo at mysite.com/

I assume it will be fine but just want to make sure :) Thanks
  2. BoostN

BoostN Active Member

Since your WordPress installation will be in a separate installation directory you should be fine. That's assuming you never need the "blog" directory for any Xenforo need (3rd party addon, etc).
  3. palmer

palmer Member

Yes thought as much, just double checking :)
  4. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Is WordPress configured to run as domain.com even though the files are in /blog? Did you place an index file for WordPress in the domain root?
  5. palmer

palmer Member

Hi no its installed in /blog and directory is in the folder /blog. I was just concerned encase xenforo had a blog folder.
  6. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Sorry, but the 'its' at the start is not clear. Did you follow these instructions to place the WordPress in /blog directory?

If yes - then you've modified an index.php file in the root which you must not overwrite.
  7. palmer

palmer Member

Yes there is no index file in my main directory. Only in the blog folder itself so it should be fine?
  8. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You'll be fine.
    LPH likes this.