Installing xenForo (Testing so I can learn)

Go look around your server logs, litespeed logs etc and try to find out why it isnt working.
O.o I just found a ton of errors on the log that just popped up 2 sec ago. It says this -
Found 7warning/error messages in the log:More
TimeLevelMessage
2014-01-10 02:44:50.342ERRORHttpListener::start(): Can't listen at address Default: Address already in use!
2014-01-10 02:44:50.342ERRORHttpServer::addListener(Default) failed to create new listener
2014-01-10 02:44:50.342ERROR[config:server:listener:Default] failed to start listener on address *:80!
2014-01-10 02:44:50.342WARN[config:server:listener] No listener is available for normal virtual host!
2014-01-10 02:44:50.343ERROR[config:template:centralConfigLog] Listener [Default] does not exist
2014-01-10 02:44:50.343ERROR[config:template:PHP_SuEXEC] Listener [Default] does not exist
2014-01-10 02:44:50.344ERROR[config:template:EasyRailsWithSuEXEC] Listener [Default] does not exist

What does that mean o.o?

So some other process is using port 80.

netstat -tulpn | grep :80
Okay, everything is working fine now, but omg.. when I try to find the my.cnf I can't! It's not in the /etc/ directory! I'm using filezilla and I put it to this /etc/my.cnf and it still can't find it!!

Then create it :)

echo '#' > /etc/my.cnf
Okay, I've done that and their's no output. Also, when I do it... the file doesn't form still. I did exactly echo '#' > /etc/my.cnf copy/paste. Is the '#' supposed to be 1 or something?

EDIT: I just found it ;)

Last edited:
Okay so,
Everything is working, all setup. Now lastly, how do I actually install xenForo and configure it?
Also, I have Percona MySQL installed and how do you create a database so xenForo's stuff get's stored into it? (Like it ask's you for a database)

@Brogan @Slavik @Mike

Last edited:
So confusing :(
Isn't their a simple command to make one, add a username, and then password?

Also, where would I upload xenForo?

EDIT: I just copied/pasted it.
Hopefully not the full commands... you are just asking for problems. Change the DB name, the user name and the password.

Simple... replace the letters with other letters. ;)

create database amarokdb; to create database seeimchanged;
grant usage on *.* to amarokuser@localhost identified by 'amarokpasswd'; to grant usage on *.* to oohimauser@localhost identified by 'goodpassword';

Simple... replace the letters with other letters. ;)

create database amarokdb; to create database seeimchanged;
grant usage on *.* to amarokuser@localhost identified by 'amarokpasswd'; to grant usage on *.* to oohimauser@localhost identified by 'goodpassword';
I'm getting an error,

[root@vps ~]# mysql -u root
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

I'm getting an error,

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
The MySQL server is not running, or that is not the location of its socket file (check my.cnf).

I'm re-doing all this.. will do it toomorrow. I screwed all that MySQL up. Stop me if you think it's a easy problem to fix.

I'm re-doing all this.. will do it toomorrow. I screwed all that MySQL up. Stop me if you think it's a easy problem to fix.
It's an easy problem to fix.... if you are familiar with setting up a Linux server by some other method than that of cut and paste.

It's an easy problem to fix.... if you are familiar with setting up a Linux server by some other method than that of cut and paste.
How do I fix this? I re-installed everything and everything else is installed, I did the following commands so far -
yum install mysql-server amarok
mysql -u root
When I do mysql -u root
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Is it possible to re-do the database problem so you can tell me what to do with that? @Slavik

How do I fix this? I re-installed everything and everything else is installed, I did the following commands so far -
yum install mysql-server amarok
mysql -u root
When I do mysql -u root
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Is it possible to re-do the database problem so you can tell me what to do with that? @Slavik
mysql -p -u root

Top Bottom