XF 1.5 Installing Wordpress as homepage and Xenforo as forum

Betclever

Hello all,

I have a forum on Xenforo but I would like to install Wordpress to make a portail and put Xenforo as forum.
I know where I have to change the path to the forum but I don't know how do I install Wordpress without losing or breaking something on my forum...

I found a lot of tutorials on the web to install Xenforo after Wordpress but not the reverse...

Any help will be useful.

Thanks.

Betclever

If XF is currently installed in the root, move it to a directory.

Then install WP in the root.
Hi Brogan,

Thanks for the quick reply.
However, before putting Wordpress as home page, I would like to change a few things on the Wordpress theme and install a few plugins like a bridge to Xenforo (add-on which is available on Xenforo) so how do I do this please?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
For XF, you just install the add-ons as normal.
Any specific questions related to XF add-ons you can ask in the resource thread.

For WP customising, you would be better off asking on their support forum.

DFI

If XF is currently installed in the root, move it to a directory.

Then install WP in the root.
Hi,

i am also planning for the same. I have one simple stupid query.

What exactly is the meaning of "move it to a directory" ?

Does it means that i simply move all files and folder from "root" to "root\example" ?

And if i do so won't it effect the forum due to any dead or broken link.

Pls help with my queries

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Does it means that i simply move all files and folder from "root" to "root\example" ?
Yes.

And if i do so won't it effect the forum due to any dead or broken link.
You would need to implement redirection.

Alternatively, you can use a portal/home page add-on, which will allow you to keep XF in the root and server the portal page as the index.

DFI

Thanks for the quick reply. Portal thing has been discussed and recommended by a lot of times. However I was planning to install WordPress in root and bridge it with xenforo based forum by shifting the forum to a alternate path.

But everytime I am stopped because of fear tht moving from root to other folder may scramble my 4 year old forum