XF 1.2 Installing/uninstalling addons is taking soooo long!

Matthew Hawley

I currently have 22 addons installed on my forum, and installing/uninstalling them takes SOOOO LONG! like 5-10 min.

On my test site i have 47 addons installed and the install/uninstall process is like 5 times faster.

Whats the deal?!

It'll all be down to hardware performance, whether you have shared hosting or dedicated resources etc.

Also the number of styles you have installed has a massive impact -- moreso than the number of add-ons.

If you're uninstalling multiple add-ons to save yourself a bit of time, hit the back button in your browser just after you first see the rebuilding caches screen.

Then uninstall another and do the same.

On the last one, let the cache rebuild complete as normal.

What I tell customers looking to turn off all addons is go into phpmyadmin and run update xf_addons set active=0;

Then edit one add on in the database to 1 to make it active, then deactivate it in acp so it runs the update templates rebuild.

It'll all be down to hardware performance, whether you have shared hosting or dedicated resources etc.

Also the number of styles you have installed has a massive impact -- moreso than the number of add-ons.

If you're uninstalling multiple add-ons to save yourself a bit of time, hit the back button in your browser just after you first see the rebuilding caches screen.

Then uninstall another and do the same.

On the last one, let the cache rebuild complete as normal.

Thanks! I uninstalled some styles and now its really fast! :D

Top Bottom