XF 1.1 "Installing an addon" procedure

Neil E.

I've looked all over the forums and done a lot of reading, but haven't seen a specific guide for installing addons. I'd like to try out the TMS which I have downloaded and unzipped on my computer. It contains folder js, folder library and file addon-TMS.xml

My xenforo directory on the server contains folders js and library (plus others). I believe that using ftp I copy the contents of unzipped js into xenforo js and unzipped library into xenforo library

Then I use the ACP>Install New Add-on to browse to the unzipped addon-TMS.xml on my computer. Then I use the install add-on button. Is this exactly correct?

How do I uninstall the addon if I need to?

Thanks Jake. I used the TMS to replace this code in the footer template. I put the code in the search field. It was interesting to note that the replace field could be left totally blank. The goal was to remove the "style change link" in the left footer. There may be a more elegant way to do this, but the TMS method worked for me. The coolest feature is the check box to activate/deactivate the modification. Super handy!

Code:
<xen:if is="{$canChangeStyle} OR {$canChangeLanguage}">
            <dl class="choosers">
                <xen:if is="{$canChangeStyle}">
                    <dt>{xen:phrase style}</dt>
                    <dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/style', '', 'redirect={$requestPaths.requestUri}'}" class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase style_chooser}" rel="nofollow">{$visitorStyle.title}</a></dd>
                </xen:if>
                <xen:if is="{$canChangeLanguage}">
                    <dt>{xen:phrase language}</dt>
                    <dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/language', '', 'redirect={$requestPaths.requestUri}'}" class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase language_chooser}" rel="nofollow">{$visitorLanguage.title}</a></dd>
            </dl>

Top Bottom