Installing an add on

Firstly, please forgive me if this is already a thread somewhere, I have looked but nothing came of my search.
As stated in a previous message, I am to forums what salt is to ice... Lethal.
I have managed to install my forum on my database and even popped a few colour changes on it. This wasn't so bad. Then it all went difficult on me :(

Firstly, I was trying to add a banner image as a header, this messed up the appearance of the forum and popped a couple of big arrows on top of the navigation area (Where it says home>forums...)
Is there something obvious I have done wrong, css etc is foreign to me but I do try.

Secondly, I thought I'd be clever and install a couple of add ons. Tapatalk and bump topic to be precise. So I download them from here and unzip them to a file. Open Filezilla and set up the ftp, transferring the relevant 'upload' file to my Xenforo folder on my ftp. I then go to the ACP on my forum and click 'Install add on'. Opening the relevent xml file to the add on and pressing go. From here on a dark cloud loomed and I got some nasty messages...
error.webp
I would assume this is not normal and I have made some sort of faux pas along the way. So I go back to the original 'List add ons' page, low and behold...
add ons.webp

The foolish side of me believes that this is great and there must have been a problem that self resolved, but the realist in me tells me there is something wrong here. A quick uninstall and re-install to make sure I wasn't being a complete muppet but alas, no.

So, is there anything logic that I have done wrong (apart from tried to be clever) and has anyone any suggestions at all?

Many thanks,
Mart.

It is, thanks a lot for your guidance and support. I did say before I bought it I am a disaster lol. No, scare me a little bit, how hard will it be to transfer my current PHPbb install over to this? Should I be buying in a lot of rum? I was hoping to do it over night on Sunday if possible :X3:

It is, thanks a lot for your guidance and support. I did say before I bought it I am a disaster lol. No, scare me a little bit, how hard will it be to transfer my current PHPbb install over to this? Should I be buying in a lot of rum? I was hoping to do it over night on Sunday if possible :X3:

Converting to xenforo is easy. It has a built in converter for phpbb. You will have to install xenforo in the same database like that of your phpbb forum and then go to the converter tool and give it a go.

Top Bottom