1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing an add-on for just one style

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Jeff Fuqua, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Jeff Fuqua

Jeff Fuqua Well-Known Member

I have a laptop and mobile style for my forum. I am wanting to include an add-on for the larger format and not mobile. Is there a way to make this happen? Thanks.

2. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

I dont think so but there is nothing stopping you from doing things like a display none for the addons templates on the other themes etc. Would be easier knowing what the add-on is I think.

Really part of responsive design is reformatting for smaller sizes. Sometimes making them disappear is part of that.

3. Jeff Fuqua

Thanks for your reply.

It's the XF Arcade add-on. It wouldn't work for my mobile version but would for the larger formats.

4. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

Yeah the biggest issue with that is making the menu item disappear. I was thinking more along the lines of an add-on that adds something to an existing page. I've never even looked at the arcade on mobile. Gonna go do that now lol

5. Jeff Fuqua

Well, the games are all Flash so won't work on any iPhone or iPad.

If I could make the menu item disappear, that might do the trick.

6. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Is dead.

tajhay likes this.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You should direct any questions to the author of the add-on as it depends how the tab has been added as to how easy it would be to hide it.