installing addons

florencia

what could be happening that some addons give me and error file not found message. I install them all the same way. some work, some others d not work. I have xf 1.4.7

I'm installing in /public_html/upload/library/addonname exactly how it comes in the ZIP and the uploading on the admin panel the xml "addon-xmlfile.xml" - the I get a message saying "The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again." - Pleas help?

[bd] Widget Framework v2.5.9 installs fine, [bd] Anonymous Posting v2.2.0c does not, AddOnInstaller-1.1.3.zip does not.

what could be happening that some addons give me and error file not found message. I install them all the same way. some work, some others d not work. I have xf 1.4.7

I'm installing in /public_html/upload/library/addonname exactly how it comes in the ZIP and the uploading on the admin panel the xml "addon-xmlfile.xml" - the I get a message saying "The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again." - Pleas help?

[bd] Widget Framework v2.5.9 installs fine, [bd] Anonymous Posting v2.2.0c does not, AddOnInstaller-1.1.3.zip does not.

Somehow the mod folders have not been uploaded to the right place/location. Can you post a screenshot of your ftp library folder?

The folders are the same as always. some add-ons install fine and other do not. very strange. I have my root folder, the upload and I drop there the library folder that comes with the addon and overwrite it. I have also tried to upload only the plugin folder within library folder. Brogan can I give you access to my FTP and xf to check what could be happening?

ahhhhh! I was uploading them to an upload folder no the library folder that i have in the root. ok ok. Should I also delete the upload folder? I guess that was confusing for me.

ok. thanks so much. yes I see that some have other folders than library, like js, style, so I will just drag and drop all the folder in the root, not the upload folder in my root and then remove the upload folder. thank you. I don't know how the other addons were working LOL. I did a mess there.

mm I also see the xenresource folder on the upload folder and on the library folder. can a safely remove it from upload?

Top Bottom