1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Installing Addons takes sooo long

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Rotary, May 24, 2016.

1. Rotary

Rotary Member

if I install an addon (import .xml) it will take around 30 minutes +, is this normal?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No, that's not normal but the time taken can be influenced by the number of styles and add-ons you have installed.

That length of time may point towards server issues though - low spec, tuning, bottlenecks, etc.
  3. Rotary

Rotary Member

The rest in the forums are work fine (with speed)
    Currently in my list there are 21 addons. 1 Styles.
    On a clean xenforo page it was the same where I installed my first plugin.

Now I wait around 1 hour.

Rebuilding... Templates . . . . . .
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That points to server level issues and something your sysadmin or host would have to look into.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The number of languages AND the number of styles are a factor (effectively multiply them together to determine the amount of required work at this step). The number of languages is likely a more significant factor actually.
  6. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

Can having debug turned on slow it down? I swear I have one site that takes a long time too (not 30 minutes though), but the only difference is that I have debug turned on for it.
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Debug mode can trigger different code paths and add additional logging, so it's possible (though we do normally disable the logging during this action).
    SneakyDave likes this.