Installation error when rebuilding search index

X3nman

Elasticsearch indexing failed for post- Elasticsearch error: InvalidIndexNameException[[Admin] Invalid index name [Admin], must be lowercase] - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:713

That is the report from server error log.

My database name start with an uppercase letter, is that the issue?

If yes, in phpmyadmin do I just choose rename the databse from operations, then edit the config.php to reflect the new database name?

Also the database username starts with an uppercase letter, does that matter?

Or am I way off?

thanks for any help.

I renamed the database in phpmyadmin and i config.php.
when I tried to browse the forum again I got the error...

'The database has encountered an unexpected error'

I renamed the databse and config.php back to original and all is working again.
But what am I missing? Why did it give me that error?

OK all is good now, everything is working.
So to let others know what the problem was and how to resolve it.....

The original error I got after installing the enhanced search and trying to rebuild the search index.
Elasticsearch indexing failed for post- Elasticsearch error: InvalidIndexNameException[[Admin] Invalid index name [Admin], must be lowercase] - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:713

This refers to the index name/database name (mine is called Admin) and telling me that it needs to be lowercase.
I renamed the database to admin through phpmyadmin.
To do this I went into the database, selected the operations tab and entered 'admin' into the 'change database name' box, then hit go.

It will ask you if you want to drop the original database after copying, this is ok.

After all this you need to add the new table name to the users permissions.

Done.

It's too late now, but you can tell XF to use a different elasticsearch index name, it just defaults to the database name (will probably need to strtolower it - I didn't realize there was a case issue). You can configure this under "search options" (same place where ES was enabled).

Top Bottom