Installation Config.php Doesn't Automatically Write

James

When I create the config details in the installation, the next step tells me to download the config file and upload it in library/config.php.

Now, unless I've completely lost the plot, I'm sure it should automatically write the config.php file and proceed to the next step? As it doesn't do this, is this due to the files not being writable or am I missing some function in my PHP installation?

When I create the config details in the installation, the next step tells me to download the config file and upload it in library/config.php.

Now, unless I've completely lost the plot, I'm sure it should automatically write the config.php file and proceed to the next step? As it doesn't do this, is this due to the files not being writable or am I missing some function in my PHP installation?
Reupload all the files James I had something like this when I was upgrading the other day

If it can't write the file, then it will tell you to download it. We do not recommend that you explicitly make the library directory writable such that you don't have to download it. If you're using something like suPHP, it will be writable automatically, but straight mod_php usually won't. So, designed and expected behavior here.

Does it matter whether I download the file and re-upload or just rename the config.php.default to config.php and enter the information manually? I'd imagine not...

James a question ...did you extract then upload...or did you upload the zip and then unzip via cli? I had a similar issue and it was nearly the same and I also could not change the permissions but I figured out what it was.

ahh well then that wouldn't matter than...what happened to me was I uploaded the zip and extracted it while logged in as root so that when I went to ftp into the actual domain and change the permissions I actually didn't have them (permissions) to change anything and I could not even delete the files as the domain owner. Totally different problems..sorry I was hoping for your sake it was something as simple as my problem which was totally my fault :).

So did you manually configure the config file and if so did that work for you? I am just wondering as this is something I would like to keep in the back of mind just in case.

I manually put the data in, yeah, and removed the .default. I can't experiment with this because my server is completely broken (that's what I get for going cheap ;)) and I'm looking for alternatives.

Top Bottom