XF 1.5 Install On Domain Question

PhillipW

How do I install Xenforo on just the domain name without any trailing slash like /forum? I just want the domain with no trailer.

No, actually you can install it on C Panel but it has to be in a directory and thats what I am trying to avoid.
I don't follow this because I've done plenty of installs within cPanel in the root. You do need to move the files out of the "upload" directory after unzipping within cPanel, but that's mostly just a drag operation.

The root directory (public_html). You then delete the now empty upload directory (along with the zip and the install-upgrade.txt file).

The root directory (public_html). You then delete the now empty upload directory (along with the zip and the install-upgrade.txt file).

OK all that worked great did exactly what I wanted..But now if I check friendly urls I get errors saying such and such cannot be found......How do I do an ht.access mod rewrite?

Can some one tell me how to create that file? Its gone. I do a search click on it and it don't show up....Anyway to create one and download it?

OK update...I found it..Now what? Do I add something to the end of it?

Cancel this I fixed it...Thanks for all the help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom