1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Install directory 403 error

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Fergal, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Fergal

Fergal Member

I uploaded all the files and folders in the "upload" directory to the root directory of mydomain.com. Next I changed the permission of both the "data" and "internal-data" folders to 777.

When I visit mydomain.com/install I receive the error below;

How do I fix that and get access to the install page?

Do I need to change the permissions of the individual files within the "data" and "internal-data" folders to 777?

Thanks!

2. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

I don't think the files are where you think they are. If you want me to take a look, PM me.

Any number of things could be occurring.

Fergal likes this.
  3. Fergal

Fergal Member

Thanks for the offer Dodgeboard, the offer, from looking at File Manager and FileZilla the files appear to be where they should be. Why do you think they are somewhere else?

4. Dodgeboard

Different web hosts require them to be at different locations/levels. Do you have a public_html directory? Also, who is your webhost?

Fergal likes this.
  5. Fergal

Fergal Member

It's a VPS with http://www.nimbushosting.co.uk/. The VPS runs on Plesk (which I hate). The domain is not the primary domain on the VPS.

I've just sent an email to the host, perhaps they can resolve it.

6. Fergal

Fergal Member

Thanks for pointing me to the host Dodgeboard. They've fixed it and I can access the install directory now. I don't know yet what was causing the issue.

7. Dodgeboard