Install and Upgrade

Install and Upgrade 1.1.7 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
I'm gonna have our team take a look and get back to you both on these :)
@Semper Fidelis After discussing this with our developers they mentioned you'll need to login in order to properly install add-ons through URL. Which add-on were you attempting to install or upgrade through URL?

@lazy llama I checked with our developers on this error they said these will be replicated depending on your setup which from the error it seems to be coming from an eCommerce add-on from DragonByte. Did you upgrade or install it with Install and Upgrade or?

@lazy llama I checked with our developers on this error they said these will be replicated depending on your setup which from the error it seems to be coming from an eCommerce add-on from DragonByte. Did you upgrade or install it with Install and Upgrade or?
I don’t have any DragonByte add-ons installed and no profile set up for DragonByte in the Install & Upgrade setup

@Semper Fidelis After discussing this with our developers they mentioned you'll need to login in order to properly install add-ons through URL. Which add-on were you attempting to install or upgrade through URL?

Daron,

Please have your developer set up a Xenforo to repeat these steps. Add an Install & Upgrade profile and add the Xenforo Resource Manager. See below and continue steps.

Add Install Prfile.webp

Username and password are your Xenforo Forum username and password and the secret is whatever I choos.

You then need to try to Install an Addon by using the Install/Upgrade from URL as below:

URL.webp

It will fail every time from Xenforo Resource Manager links. Full stop.

My point about API keys is that the only websites where Install/Upgrade by URL work use API keys to authenticate. If your developer can get the Addon to work by usernam/password then that's great but it currently does not work when you try to install/upgrade by URL.

Without the full stack trace I can't tell you who, but one of your add-on provider has disabled their API it seems.

This might have been my site (cloudflare configuration issue), the error message really should report the site it was trying to connect to.
yepp, I can't setup an Atelier Aphelion service provider. If I enter my API key I get:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The API has been disabled by an administrator.​

yepp, I can't setup an Atelier Aphelion service provider. If I enter my API key I get:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The API has been disabled by an administrator.​
The API should be re-enabled again, looks like it was disabled during my site outage after updating config.php files

Recently received a large number of these errors
Code:
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XFApi\Exception\RequestException\AbstractRequestException::setBody() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/sites/html/src/addons/ThemeHouse/InstallAndUpgrade/vendor/xfapi/xfapi-php/src/Client.php on line 324
src/addons/ThemeHouse/InstallAndUpgrade/vendor/xfapi/xfapi-php/src/Exception/RequestException/AbstractRequestException.php:27

#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/InstallAndUpgrade/vendor/xfapi/xfapi-php/src/Client.php(324): XFApi\Exception\RequestException\AbstractRequestException->setBody()
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/InstallAndUpgrade/vendor/xfapi/xfapi-php/src/Client.php(291): XFApi\Client->handleException()
#2 src/addons/ThemeHouse/InstallAndUpgrade/vendor/xfapi/xfapi-php/src/Client.php(154): XFApi\Client->request()
#3 src/addons/ThemeHouse/InstallAndUpgrade/vendor/xfapi/xfapi-php/src/Domain/AbstractDomain.php(53): XFApi\Client->get()
#4 src/addons/ThemeHouse/InstallAndUpgrade/vendor/xfapi/xfapi-php/src/Domain/DBTech/eCommerce/AbstracteCommerceDomain.php(44): XFApi\Domain\AbstractDomain->get()
#5 src/addons/ThemeHouse/InstallAndUpgrade/vendor/xfapi/xfapi-php/src/Domain/DBTech/eCommerce/ProductDomain.php(57): XFApi\Domain\DBTech\eCommerce\AbstracteCommerceDomain->get()
#6 src/addons/ThemeHouse/InstallAndUpgrade/InstallAndUpgrade/DragonByte.php(260): XFApi\Domain\DBTech\eCommerce\ProductDomain->getLatestVersion()
#7 src/addons/ThemeHouse/InstallAndUpgrade/InstallAndUpgrade/Traits/AddonHandlerTrait.php(103): ThemeHouse\InstallAndUpgrade\InstallAndUpgrade\DragonByte->getLatestVersion()
#8 src/addons/ThemeHouse/InstallAndUpgrade/Job/UpdateCheck.php(97): ThemeHouse\InstallAndUpgrade\InstallAndUpgrade\DragonByte->checkAddOnProductForUpdates()
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): ThemeHouse\InstallAndUpgrade\Job\UpdateCheck->run()
#10 src/addons/SV/CachePermissionChecks/XF/Job/Manager.php(17): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal()
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): SV\CachePermissionChecks\XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal()
#12 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry()
#13 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue()
#14 {main}

I tried it and unfortunately I am disappointed. :(

1629369452437.webp

1629369476002.webp

my 50 cent...
Only 4 supported Developers (Xenforo, WMTech, ThemeHouse, Atelier A... and Dragonbyte), no AndyB, AddonsLab, Ozzmodz, XFA, XT, ... the list of developers not on bord is extrem large for me. Iam also see nothing from Xon of course I only have free addons drom Xon. I dont know. :(

my actual situation...
Xenforo notices me at ACP abou new versions, ThemeHouse I use only the Install&Upgrade, WMTech and Dragonbyte ist nice to have and Atelier A... what? I dont hear from them up to day. All other Addons ar not supported - I know, the developers have to manage that. I know, it costs only 10 €. But at the Moment, sorry for that - is it not even worth this 10 euro for me.

what I tink about...
At this point it would be realy helpfull, if Xenforo self offer a API for version checks to let tools like these Install & Upgrade much better work.
Or Xenforo made this function as a core function like in Wordpress. ;)

@Xon is Atelier Aphelion and is covered.
Most of his free addons are coveed anyway because they're in the XF Resource Manager, at least as far as update notifications. I can't get he addon to download from the XF Resource manager, something (cloudflare?) is blocking it.

Also the addon is free is you use the code EASYUPGRADES during checkout.

(I'm not affiiliated with TH in any way)

Reactions: Xon
@Xon is Atelier Aphelion and is covered.
:unsure: my mistake - sorry.
But will change the situation only for one or two hand full addons ... if it will work than. ;)

Also the addon is free is you use the code EASYUPGRADES during checkout
I oversee/overread that, damn - why they sells them not simply for free when its free for every one (with a email subscription) ... :rolleyes: 10 euro instructive money. (y)

But bothe change nothing at the poor situation, that the developer support is let me say bad since near by 3 years now and the error I post above in my last post is also a point.

Sure truely usefull for admins they use only addons from supported developers, but not usefull for admins with addons from other developers what also be noted from other one admins times ago.

:unsure: my mistake - sorry.
But will change the situation only for one or two hand full addons ... if it will work than. ;)

I oversee/overread that, damn - why they sells them not simply for free when its free for every one (with a email subscription) ... :rolleyes: 10 euro instructive money. (y)

But bothe change nothing at the poor situation, that the developer support is let me say bad since near by 3 years now and the error I post above in my last post is also a point.

Sure truely usefull for admins they use only addons from supported developers, but not usefull for admins with addons from other developers what also be noted from other one admins times ago.
This is simply because the third party developers use the XenForo resource manager so there is no API.

If XenForo sets up an API like WordPress does or on third-party developers' websites we find an API, I think there will be an option to add it. However, TH would need to review the entire code of this addon.

This is simply because the third party developers use the XenForo resource manager so there is no API.
Not in all cases - eg AndyB and many others or do it work also with linked ressources from XFRM (not here uploaded)?
If XenForo sets up an API like WordPress does or on third-party developers' websites we find an API, I think there will be an option to add it.
(y)

Not in all cases - eg AndyB and many others or do it work also with linked ressources from XFRM (not here uploaded)?
AndyB uses XFRM on its site, so no API to retrieve the products.

After all, it would be possible to create an addon capable of creating an API key for each user dedicated to XFRM but it would work differently than what TH offers.

After all, it would be possible to create an addon capable of creating an API key for each user dedicated to XFRM but it would work differently than what TH offers.
I think that might make the most sense to get as many developers as possible on board. If they only had to install one add-on to make their add-ons compatible with Install & Upgrade, that would surely take a certain hurdle.

It would also be nice to have a simple "Update" button to update selected add-ons and an "Update all" button to update all add-ons with updates once. Basically just like with Wordpress.

Let's see what ThemeHouse says on the subject.

Top Bottom